comparison between SG33G6 Deluxe and SG33G5 or 5M Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparison between SG33G6 Deluxe and SG33G5 or 5M Deluxe

I'm trying to decide which shuttle to buy, and am getting a bit confused between some of the variants. I've decided I want to start off with on-board graphics and upgrade later, but can't decide between the SG33G6 Deluxe, the SG33G5 or G5M Deluxe, other than getting the fancy front panel and controller with the 5M what other differences are there? [It would be nice if the shuttle site made the differences clearer]

Otherwise, I'm planning the following configuration
    - SG33G6 Deluxe
    - Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - [Retail or OEM any difference?]
    - Samsung SpinPoint T SATA-II HD501LJ
    - Samsung S203 (SATA+Lightscribe) [what length additional sata cable do I need?]
    - PC23 card reader
    - not sure whether I should get a PN18G or PN20 wireless card for the UK
    - 2 x 2GB memory cards spec to be decided
    Last edited by highbury; 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add processor

Re: comparison between SG33G6 Deluxe and SG33G5 or 5M Deluxe

SG33G5M Deluxe is a D'VO model means it was a model designed for media center, and that is also why it comes with the VFD and remote.

SG33G6 Deluxe is the XPC Glamor model, the top of the G33 model we have.

SG33G5 is the XPC glamor model, and is just a standard model.

with the Deluxe model, there will be Fingerprint Reader, USB Speed-Link, Wifi 802.11bg and Bluetooth 2.0 features.

so it really depends on what you want to use it for, and you wouldn't need PN18 or PN20 if you get either of the deluxe models.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Eric,

Should I be ok with spec'ing the Samsung SATA dvd/writer, and have there been any suggestions other that on the website regarding approved memory, I want to fit 4Gb (I presume I can't go any bigger with this motherboard)

-- Steve

Comment

the SATA dvd/writer shouldn't be a problem, the suggested memory on the support list are just the memories we've tested inhouse. Yes, 4Gb would be the maximum for these boards, but you'll need 64-bit OS to get all 4 if i remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X