cable folding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable folding

check this out... http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=126&page=1 i think ima fold all my ide cables... it looks sooo nice
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Re: cable folding

I've been doing that for years.

Comment

yes i realize that cable folding has been around since, well, ide ribbon cables have, it just dawned on me that my case would look cleaner w/ folded cables rather than round cables.. i know its like a fish finally figguring out " oh crap where the hell is the water"
      **LAPTOP**
      Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
      Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
      4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
      NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Comment

My case is so messy, I think I will give that a try, gettin hot in there too, got 7 fans, but those dont help if the air cant get to the heat generating devices right.

EDIT: HoLy ****, this is great!!! It looks good and my idle temps are 26 degreas now compaired to at least 30, air flow contributes to coolong more than you may think.
        Last edited by Amd_Lover2004; 11-11-2004, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I am going to try that right away! Most of the cables I have already hidden, but not the IDE hookup to my hard drive, and that cable is right in front my 120mm inatake fan! I also have a SCSI hard drive though, do you think the cable folding works with SCSI cables? I have those twisted SCSI cables (to reduce interference and have a cleaner signal or something) and folding could get a bit tricky.

Comment

I've done all of my projects for myself and others with folded cables since I read an interview with the brilliant fellow at VooDoo Computers who was an early adopter and an Origami master. I use an old ribbon cable to perfect the folds in any given project, then duplicate those with a new cable, giving the appearance that I got it right the first time. ;)

~SC

"An ounce of appearance is worth a pound of production."

Comment

Working...
            X