Corsair HydroCool 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair HydroCool 200

What do you think about the new Corsair HydroCool 200 ?
    yup !
    0%
    nope !
    0%
    huh ?
    0%
    SPAM Special Ops

Damn a link would've been nice. :(

Ah here's one, http://www.systemcooling.com/modules...rticle&sid=784 ;)

But likely as with most of these self contained jobs it maybe be found wanting under heavy overclockin' conditions for the simple fact of the small amout of fuild that they contain.

Cost? :?:

Comment

i already have a koolance case, i love it, but that coasair cooling unit, well, just looks ugly as fu**..., but if u dont care about looks, and if it works good, who cares?

Comment

Well, I just bought one myself and it looks not so bad. I've read many reviews as in Anandtech and tomshardware and it looks pretty good. Yeah, maybe the look isn't the best but hey, water cooling never looks great... it does the job only.

So, I guess for overclocking, it's a really nice piece to get, though a little too expensive in my opinion... but it's paid so... who cares :P

Comment

Does anybody know if it would be possible to hook up three of these boxes to a computer to cool the CPU, the GPU and the chipset?

Comment

I purchased a Hydrocool 200 a couple weeks ago, and I am very pleased. My AMD XP 2100+ always ran hot on the old Asus A7V266 (149F), and as my next purchase will be an MSI 865PE and Intel P4 3.0C, I wanted a system that could handle both (without paying extra).
            Well my temps decreased from 149F to 109F under load. And personally, I think the Hydrocool looks very cool. Additionally, it is a piece of cake to install. It is also easy to fill or disconnect. Moreover, it uses over 600mL of cooling solution, so I don't think small volumes are an issue.
            Honestly, this is my first watercooling system. It was simple, easy and effective. Cosair has brought water cooling home to the novice overclocking enthusiast.

Comment

gimmie gimmie!! :D

Comment

I haven't found a place in the states to buy these, anybody got a spot? It's not even on Pricegrabber... :thumbs do

I'm thinking of getting one... But I'm with geezer, could I add an extra connection in there to get the GPU hooked up as well?

Comment

Geezer,

The hydrocool only comes with a CPU heatsink, but I don't see any reason why you might not use someone else's GPU heatsink, as long as it did not restrict the flow. The limiting factors might be: 1. Cost ($235) and 2. Power (it draws its power from the computer's PSU, 12V molex connector).

But hey, if money is no object, and you have a beefy PSU (400W or more), I think you could run three. (Truth be told, the thought has crossed my mind).

If you wanted to connect the GPU in line (using just one Hydrocool) then Cosair supplies plently of extra tubing, and a few extra clamps. I would think it would be a piece of cake.

BTW, I purchased my Hydrocool 200 at newegg.com. (Newegg Rocks!)

Good Luck!

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I'll let you know how it turns out. I've found some GPU and chipset blocks that look like they will work.
                    Geezer

Comment

Just be careful not to overload the pump or add to mutch heat soruces to that limited amount of liquid, it seem to work great coolin one cpu but who knows when ya add a hot gpu etc to it.

The Bosch water pump may also take a beating by disturbing it's original waterflow and system pressure.

I'm not saying it won't work but keep an eye on ya temps.. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X