Watercooling cool setup or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling cool setup or not?

I just had a brainwave, sorry it happens once in a while, about a water cooling setup and I would like to now if it would be cool or not.
    Using a beercrate for a radiator housing and placing a 5 liter beer drum as a reservoir. It would be a lot of work modding the beer crate so I would like to know if I should try to build it or forget the whole idea.
    A positive side of this mod will be that I would have to arrange an empty drum and crate :cheers:

I don't see why it wouldn't work...besides, if it doesn't cool that well it wont take long to figure out =)

Comment

Need some help emptying that keg? :cheers:

Comment

Damn it is not gonna work. the keg isn't made of copper so it will react with the waterblocks. Perhaps 2 stacked crates will work. I hope I can finish this mod. My last project was creating a wooden case wich ended in the trash after 2 months work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatu
          My last project was creating a wooden case wich ended in the trash after 2 months work.
          What went wrong, if I might ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatu
            ... A positive side of this mod will be that I would have to arrange an empty drum and crate. :cheers:
            You need an excuse?!
            :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Wordbiker
              What went wrong, if I might ask?
              Well, when it was ready I discovered I needed an extra slot for my DigiDoc. I didn't take the 2 minutes to properly clamp the entire case to my workbench and when I pushed a bit too hard on the drill the case cracked.

Comment

Damn ya must be pissed by that (I know that I would be). :cry:

Comment

pissed isn't the right word to describe my state of mind at that moment. Luckily I only spent like $ 100 on wood :cry: But at least it gives me a good excuse to buy a new case. Probably a LL pc-70. Can't have enough space inside a pc

Comment

Working...
                  X