60x60x25 6800rpm Delta on CPU fan header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60x60x25 6800rpm Delta on CPU fan header

I have currantly got my 6800rpm Delta 60mm running out of the power supply onto my CPU heatsink. Is it safe to have this fan plugged into the CPU fan header on the mother board?
    or does it draw to much power and potentially screw up my motherboard?

unless i'm putting a retail hsf on a rig for someone out of easy repair reach.......and if they spec'd the three year warranty......

One other tid bit.....the last AMDXP rig I built got my latest favorite Maxtop "Cool Case," alum surfaces in key areas and lots of fans......2x92mm and 3x80mm, all moderate preformance range fans. Much to my surprise......34c on cpu and 30c on case for temps. And thats with a factory hfs! And it's quite.......;)

Comment

Uh that doesnt really answer my question

Comment

Originally posted by [size=7
        xerak[/size]]
        I have currantly got my 6800rpm Delta 60mm running out of the power supply onto my CPU heatsink. Is it safe to have this fan plugged into the CPU fan header on the mother board?
        or does it draw to much power and potentially screw up my motherboard?
        Yes it will probably burn your board out very quickly though a lot of stores now carry an adapter cable that will let ya use the fan monitorin' feature of the m/b but still let ya power from the PSU. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Why put any additional stress on the motherboard than you have too? I prefer to run all my fans off the ps, rather than the mobo.........it should add life to the board. Does that help?

Comment

Agreed. The 6800RPM Delta fans have a large power draw (6.6 watts to be exact), so your chances of burning out the fan header on your motherboard are pretty high. You can pick up 3-pin to 4-pin adapters for a couple of bucks, so there's no reason to stress the mainboard. :)

Here's an example of one with the third wire RPM monitoring capabilities:
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X