aero 7 better than volcano 7+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aero 7 better than volcano 7+?

Tom's Hardware reviews the aero 7 as performing better and quieter than the volcano 7+...

...and it's about the same price...

CPU reviews, news and features, created for the hardcore PC enthusiast by the experts at Tom's Hardware.

what do you guys think?

We also liked the Aero7's ergonomically-designed triple clip, which made it easy to install without any tools. [b]Unfortunately, on some boards, the clip and the RAM modules are on a collision course, as the picture (Asus A7V333) shows.

Comment

yeah, i have a a7v333--the board in that picture!

Comment

That thing looks huge!...but i will prolly go ahead and grab one next time i build a rig...you won't have problems with mobos that have the socket lugs on the top and bottm..and not side to side ...dunno knowif you get my drift or not.
        - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by FLaCo
          ...dunno knowif you get my drift or not.
          ya...
          this ok:

this not:

Comment

Ya ya you got it....thats it...so i don't see a problem with mobis like that...thx for the pics =)
            - Damien

Comment

I would just bend that clip a bit if it got in the way.
              athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
              tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
              asus a7n8xe-dlx
              thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
              bfg 6800gt
              seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
              samsung dvdrw
              2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
              logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
              2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
              creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
              mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
              DFI infinity nf4 ultra
              thermaltake tsunami dream -black
              seagate sataII 500gb
              evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
              samsung sata dvd-rw
              2x1024 ocz black
              logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
              ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

I just bought a Volcano 7+ to replace my coolermaster one. I was going to get the Aero one but decided to go for the Volcano because of everyones priase about it. As long as it keeps my Athlon cool then I don't mind.

Comment

The volcano &+ is great...some people like myself like to try new things...
                  - Damien

Comment

You may want to take a look at this:

Tweaktown Noticies: Aero 7 catches on fire!?

Comment

haha! catches on fire huh? imagine yourself working on your computer when you notice your cpu temp jump up just before your computer shuts off

...before you have time to even say "what the..." you smell the dreaded electrical burning odor...you then realize the orange glow isn't one of your neon lights...

:laugh:

Comment

I have one coming, I will let you know how it works with my setup below.
                        I can make any necessary mods if anything gets in the way of the clip.
                        I thought it would be a viable option to the Slk-800 that everyone touts, and uses. I like to be different, so I looked for an all copper base cooler, with a different design element than the "overated" slk-800(in my opinion). I have read too many articles where they say even the 600 does as well, if not better than the 800.

Just my :2cents:

Chez

PS I can't get the "fire link" to open/////

Comment

It was the Aero7 that caught on fire, the Aero7+ was shipped out to replace the originals.

Comment

Well my suppliers don't stock the Aero 7+ (yes the Aero 7 was recalled due to ignitin') but they do stock the Volcano 7+ so until such times that they do then the Volcano 7+ is for me.

Comment

I finally got it about a week ago. It is a great cooler.

I personally like it better than the TT 7, 9, or my new 11.
                              Just a personal preference. It looks good, sound is different.
                              An all around good cooler, with a different design. Not that big as someone stated it looks like.

Chez

Comment

Working...
                              X