Exhaust Fan Blow Directions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Fan Blow Directions.

this may sound stupid, but i just dont know.

i have a case like Wiggo, the blue one on this form.

fan directions:

i have one fan in front having the air taking in towards the cpu.

one on the side with the air taking in towards the cpu.

and the question is the back 2 fans, exhaust.

do they need to bring air into the case or do they need to blow the air out?

please let me know..

thanks.:wow:

Rear exhaust should be blowing the air out of the case.

Chez

Comment

front fans should be in
      back fans out

yup.

Comment

someone else posted this excelent pic in another thread:

Comment

Using that pic Minibubba provided (kudos on that, great pic of air solutions) I can only have the one bottom intake and the psu as sources of fan options in my case, which SUCKS. The only other option is to order a PCI slot fan, which I have done and should be here on wed. with the rest of my part. It is a good option add addition exhaust if you don't have any other place to add fans.

Chez

Actually, I just bought a windowed Raidmax case from Newegg from $30!!!! What a deal.
          I guess that solves the issue with that case. I will have to move that on to my wifes system or one of my other computers with an older beige case!

Comment

Originally posted by AMDBOI
            this may sound stupid, but i just dont know.

i have a case like Wiggo, the blue one on this form.

fan directions:

i have one fan in front having the air taking in towards the cpu.

one on the side with the air taking in towards the cpu.

and the question is the back 2 fans, exhaust.

do they need to bring air into the case or do they need to blow the air out?

please let me know..

thanks.:wow:
            My UNEEC cases use 2 x 34cfm intake fans at the front, 1 x 34cfm intake fan in the side panel over the PCI slots, 2 x 34cfm exhaust fans in the rear and combined with the 32cfm exhaust that the PSU supplies gives me the right amount of positive air pressure within my cases for good coolin'. I do have one UNEEC case that has an exhaust fan in the top but I've found this not only to be a prob with airflow balance but also requires much lower cfm exhaust fans to balance airflow out. One thing about the earlier supplied pic is that the intake fans would have to be of higher cfm ratin's (also higher in noise) to balance out against the more numerous exhast fans.

Comment

The picture provided has soem non stock items in there resulting from "custom mods" but the case does come with two front fan mounts (IN) and two rear mounts (OUT). The PS fan blowing out has you unbalanced 3 to 3.

But if you have the side panel mount on the missing case side panel blowing IN, you have 3 in and 3 out "stock".

Before grabbing Dremel you could still add slot coolers for any unused slots and bay collers for any uused 5-1/4 bays.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                JackNaylorPE[/size]]
                The picture provided has soem non stock items in there resulting from "custom mods" but the case does come with two front fan mounts (IN) and two rear mounts (OUT). The PS fan blowing out has you unbalanced 3 to 3.

But if you have the side panel mount on the missing case side panel blowing IN, you have 3 in and 3 out "stock".

Before grabbing Dremel you could still add slot coolers for any unused slots and bay collers for any uused 5-1/4 bays.
                The stock case we're talkin' about would be 2in and 3 out in normal configuration but with the side panel intake would come to 3 in and 3 out though ya really need slightly more goin' in than out (mine has a PSU rated at 32cfm but all other fans rate at 34cfm). ;)

Comment

Working...
                X