HSF Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSF Question

I have a amd 3000+ which I want to overclock. What are people using now to get the best results with air cooling? Price is really not a issue, I just want something that cools (and is not too loud).

I was thinking of getting a Thermalright SLK-800 so I could choose my own fan (any suggestions?).

What do you guys think?

Btw my system: abit nf7-s mb, lian li case (with 2 intake/1 exhaust fans), dual sata raptor hard drives, twin kingston HyperX 256 3200 sticks and a radeon 9600 pro. I got a system screaming to over clock, just not a suitable hsf to do it with. Any help would be apreciated :) .

Well....if price isn't an object you might want to think about water cooling. Supposedly xoxide.com sells some great water cooling systems and also newegg.com should have some stuff also with reviews.

Comment

I've found yhe Volcano 7+ to be good as far as 2.4GHz without a prob on medium speed though the Volcano 11 should go higher.

Comment

Yea I didn't want to fool with the complexity of water cooling, sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll look at the volcano as I have seen it mentioned here a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X