Window Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Fan

I just bought a new fan to put into my window. I'll need to cut the whole, and i was just wondering where to put it. I bought the fan and am going to drill the hole because my case temp goes up when I put the side on. I assume having the fan blow in will help. I could put it over the CPU, over the video card, down at the bottom, or just in the middle. What's the best?

I own a Antec case which has a pre cut fan hole in the window, it is located over the graphic card. There is a great difference in temperatures with the fan there, good for if you are oc'ing, and since my ASUS graphic card doesn't have a cooling fan even better. :thumb:

Comment

Position the top of ya fan level with the AGP slot over the PCI slots.

Comment

Ok, got the place down, now how do I cut the hole? :shrug:

And why did I spell hole "whole" in my first post?

Comment

you could use a hole saw on a really slow speed

got one?

Comment

nope, no hole saw.

Comment

Go to ya local hardware store and buy a good 3"/80mm holesaw (not one of those cheap multi-holesaws) and then attach it to a drill that ya can turn the speed right down on so that ya don't generate heat which will cause the window to start melting. I paided a bit more and bought a bi-metal one myself a couple of years back as not only will it cut plastic and wood but it'll also cut thru steel (great for addin' side fans thru those 1mm steel UNEEC case sides).

Comment

I didn't even know those existed. I'll have head out and buy one.
                Thanks! What size should I get for a 92mm fan?

Comment

90mm or 3.5". ;)

Comment

thanks

Comment

I installed the window fan and it looks good, but my cpu temp is still higher than when I have the side off. Although it seems like my case temp is down.

I have 2 intake fans in the front on the bottom and the window intakeon the agp and video cards.
                      I have and out fan on the top of the computer, one in the back below the psu, and the psu out.
                      There are no cables obstructing anything, what in the worls is going on!?! I suppose I could put another window intake on the volcano 7+.

I don't have a digital camera.

Comment

What are your current temps?
                        What is the temp drop when you take the side off as opposed to with it on with the new fan?
                        Chez

Comment

With no load my case temp is 35C and the CPU temp is 44C. Under full load my case temp is 35C and my CPU temp is 49C.

Comment

You forgot to add
                            What is the temp drop when you take the side off as opposed to with it on with the new fan?

Comment

also whats your room temp?

Comment

Working...
                              X