Volcanoe7+ instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcanoe7+ instructions?

G'day Men, I have here sitting before me a brand new Volcanoe7+ and a tube of Artic Silver.

The instructions that came with it are as useful to me as a handbrake on a hang-glider:wow:

I have 2 sets of instructions on their web page (A1254). Which one will be applicable to me??

Thermal paste - What is a thin layer?, just a coverage? 1mm/2mm? - Forget this found the answer

How long does it take to dry? [the paste] before I can use the PC? - It appears a few hours will do.

Will I find any other "paste" to remove from the present [standard] Heat Sink and fan]?

Wiring?? The power wire is self-explanatory.

The yellow wire goes to the Fan header (RPM Signal), but there are 2 of them, one with a white connector box[which comes out of the assembly itself), the other brown, (which comes out of a connector halfway to the Fan speed Controller)? see pic below--

The Controller itself - I was going to mount that in a spare bay between the CD drives, but the play in the screws looks very minimal. Where do the majority of you blokes put it???

Hope I havn't asked too much in one post but I don't want to stuff this up.
    Thanks men

here is what I mean re the "wire"

Comment

1. a small amount, all you want to do is fill the voids and imperfections in the heat sink.
      2. dont let it dry, put it on the processor, place the hsf, boot it up.
      3. the single yellow is the rpm monitor, connect to m/b where it says cpu fan.
      4. the fan speed controller can be mounted "anywhere that you cant see the ugly thing" just set the rpm and tuck it away.
      5. if the new hs might have a piece of thermal pad on it TAKE IT OFF. it can be cut away from the base with a razor blade and cleaned up with alcohol. "no wiggo wrong kind, but hey if you want to have some alcohol while doing the work then ok" just rub off the excess.
      6. as for the "other yellow wire" it looks like another rpm wire.
      either hook up one yellow or the other to the mb cpu plug. the controller manufacurer probibly had it on there to start with and thermaltake put one on the fan. just use one at a time and check the rpm with motherboard monitor when you hook up the yellow wire.

Comment

Many Thanks NS
        All Done :cheers: : peace2: :cheers:

Comment

no problem

Comment

Working...
          X