Temp probe locations>? where to put

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp probe locations>? where to put

I have the Enermax 2 fan adjuster, and 2 temp guages. They both show up on a backlit display.

I have the two fan ones controlling both intake, and the other one controlling both exhaust.

Alhtough I don't know where to upt both the temp. guages.
    My mobo monitors the cpu, not that I could put another there. Both my harddrives have dual Antec anodized fans on them.

Is there another good place to put these temp guages so they show the temps of whatever I play them on, on the backlit dispaly

Thanks in advance,

Chez

Got it, thanks anyway. If anybody answered. It didnt show up herr.
    I figured a workaround. A little elecrtrical engineering. Lucky I have all the right tools, mini tools, multi meter, ect. !!!!

Chez

I HAVE NEVER BEEN so excited about a computer. :thumb:

I guess I will stick them whereever I want. I have one for the cpu and mobo of course. J just don'th ave any ideas where to stick the other 2 that come wit the ARFATR2 Temp and Fan rpm display.

Comment

Wrap one underneath your VGA cooler's heatsink. Amongst CPU and mobo temp, I would be interested in the GPU temp (as accurate as possible anyways). You might put the other in the bottom front of your case to measure the near room temp.

Just some ideas :cheers:

-Magic

Comment

Thanks Magicbox,

I figured I would just put them wherever I wanted to check temps and go from there.

I just got done building it. It is AWESOME. Definetely the best machine I have built to date. I put a lot of money in the aestetics of it with the sleeving and heatshrink. Not to mention the top of the line parts. I must say though, the case makes t all. I am SOOOOOOOOO lucky to find a case that has been discontinued for a year. It is a Kingwin, Black with gold accents for the powe buttton, reset, usb, and firewire cover. I also special ordered a PSU from performance-pc.com with detachable power nodes so you don't have them hanging in your case(mine being a 3 window that wouldn't look good. As well as you being able to pick the sleeving and heatshrink for the wires. I picked a gold ATX power one set off the look. I also have other gold accents including a Gold Zalman cooler, then wrapped ALL the wires inside with UV blue sleeving and blue heatshink to show up nicely under black lights, and a couple blue CC's just to give it that extra look.
        As you can tell, I am proud of this machine I built.
        Not only is it aestetically appealing it, it can back it up in power. And will continue to while I keep it updated to compete in teh arena.

I also added blue anodized Antec Harddrive coolers to kepp the a lllittle cooler.
        I am sure I will find a spot for the temp guages to just tape them here or there to see if I can find any hotspots and keep them cool.
        If not, I have 5 other machines sI am sure I can find a home for. I just wasnt' expecteding them.
        Thank again,
        Chez

PS I can't wait to finally finish the beast and take some pics. EVEN MY WIFE SAID SHE LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!! Not that is unheard.

I havne't even loaded XP PRO yet. I still have a lot of minor wire hiding, including putting the CC in. The case is perfect, you won't even see the lights at all. Maybe a little of the wiriing, but thats about it. I LOVE building sweet machines where money isn't a stopping point. DOESN't MEAN I'M NOT FRUGAL, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE BEST DEAL!!!
        Enough with my book, I am just excited it turned out so well.
        :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Comment

Working...
        X