Video card temperature moniter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card temperature moniter?

I have a GeForce4 Ti 4600 and I was thinking about overclocking it with coolbits, but I don't want to do it without knowing what the temperature is... can someone reccommend a temperature moniter for a video card such as the GeForce4 Ti 4600?

As for cooling I have the standard heatsink/fan on the video card as well as a case fan blowing directly on it from the side, 2 exhaust fans in the back, and one intake fan in the front.

Thanks! :D

Yea i asked the same question,:cheers: but my answer was get a sensor for the video card and get mainboard monitor.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Since video boards don't generally come with onboard thermal diodes, you're pretty much stuck with a thermal probe of some sort. If you're looking for dirt cheap, then look at the Compu-Nurse. If you can make use of fan speed controllers for your system, then you might want to look into some of the rheobus units that are on the market. Vantec, Thermaltake and Sunbeam all have models that fit into an empty drive bay and include fan speed control and thermal probes with an external display of the results. If you're wanting something top of the line, then check out the Digi-Doc 5 as it has numerous thermal probes for total temperature management.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Working...
      X