Video card cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card cooling

As more and more graphics card manufacturers employ new ways to cool their latest products, I thought it would be an idea to dedicate a thread to these non standard cooling solutions and make people aware of the alternatives out there.

Kicking it off is MSI's new GeForce FX 5600 card.

maybe it's just me, but that thing looks like it would need a fan to cool properly :shrug:

Comment

Next up is Gainward's GeForce FX 5900 "Special" which is fitted with a Zalman ZM80C-HP.

Comment

My current favourite is Abit's OTES solution, simply because it collects the warm air surrounding the GPU/Memory and blows it out the back of the case. It is not reliant upon additional case fans (should they be present) to complete this task, where as the previous designs are.

Comment

Wow, that last one looks pretty damn good. :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by weta
            Next up is Gainward's GeForce FX 5900 "Special" which is fitted with a Zalman ZM80C-HP.
            it jst looks like sum ones case fan has fell of an landed on top

Comment

Okay, MY FX5600 has the stock MSI cooler and it is silent, so to be honest, I see no point in making these huge coolers that make your video card take up more space than it should.

Sorry about the rant, just my :2cents:

Thuogh I do like the OTES cooling one.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                Okay, MY FX5600 has the stock MSI cooler and it is silent, so to be honest, I see no point in making these huge coolers that make your video card take up more space than it should.

Sorry about the rant, just my :2cents:

Thuogh I do like the OTES cooling one.
                Some people like to push their cards to the limits when they overclock...so the want something that keep it cool...but the second one is an overkill...
                - Damien

Comment

This is Gainward's (NV35) CoolFX watercooling kit, it should be available later this year.

Comment

My Radeon 9800 PRO is arriving this week sometime. Just wondering if the stock cooler is better then the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP. It's a ATi Radeon 9800 PRO OEM.
                    If I had the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP on the radeon would I need the fan since I already have a 80mm fan on the window directly above the AGP slot?

:confused:

Comment

I placed a Zalman Heat pipe cooler on my Ti. It cooled it, although it was probably still the hottest piece of hardware in my comp.
                      So I added the Zalman fan, not made to fit the standard cooler, but it works. IT dropped my temps quite a bit, adds a little aestetically and is very noiseless.
                      Just my .02
                      BTW I do O/C mine to the max, and this cooler gave it quite a bit more playing room.

Chez:cheers:

Comment

a review of the watercooled gainward can be found here if anyone is interested

Comment

I dunno.. i think my PNY with a Maze 4 GPU could stand up to the "Cool FX". The pipes look way too small, IMO.

Comment

Best video cooling you can possibly get is using a CPU heatsink such as the Cooljag/Dynatron 1U server heatsink. I used one on my 9700np and am running happily @ 419mhz core (stock 275) with stock voltage. Temps under full 3dm03 load are about 35 C (taken at back of core with Digidoc). Check my sig for a link on how I did mine.

Comment

How does the Thermaltake Giant II compare to the Zalman heatpipe cooler?

Comment

Working...
                              X