Going water soon [WARNING: PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going water soon [WARNING: PICS]

Yep, thats right. over the next few weeks, i'm gonna be converting from air to water cooling, not only to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of my CPU, but also because summer is just around the corner and I want a cool fast computer that I won't get deaf from using :)

I'll use this thread too keep you updated on whats happening in my Watercooling adventure :) (kinda like what i did with my crate case, but that died when i realised the PCI cards really wouldn't fit :(. This venture however, definately WON'T die, it'll cost too damn much to die ;))

Anywho, I've been looking around the Classifieds forums of another forum (ooooh naughty me :o) and I think I've netted myself a good waterblock and radiator :). Now to find the pump and tubing.....
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

looking forward to seeing it all come together, good luck :thumb:

Comment

Yes I'm glad that I now live in the mountains as the Sydney basin just about had me spendin' $'s goin' in the same direction. Good luck with it m8.

Comment

I have now secured some tubing :)
        2M of clearflex :D
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

My waterblock and radiator arrives a few hours ago :D
          I've got some happy snaps, but first, just a note, the waterblock and radiator are second hand, so they don't look brand spankas, but thats fine with me :)
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

waterblock
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

radiator
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

radiator.
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Im gonna laugh like **** if that leaks Dont wanna pull a Tweak,Toxic,Slamo do ya?

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                    Im gonna laugh like **** if that leaks Dont wanna pull a Tweak,Toxic,Slamo do ya?
                    that's why you run it overnight outside your case first

Comment

That's a whitewater block right? Man those things are sexy. It doesn't look like the previous owner took good care of it though so you might want to watch out for buildup inside of it.

Comment

Yep, Its an original Cathar's Little River White Water :D
                        Nah, its it good order, it just needed some polishing :). I also opened it up and found a little bit of plastic or something in the channels, but its all good now :)
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yeah looks like its been knoked about it but if it works fine then n there's no problem

Comment

Recieved the 2M of clearflex on thrusday :)

Still looking at pumps... i think i'll be going with the Eheim 1048
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

You might want to consider a Dannor 300gph pump too. They're stronger than the eheims and hydors.

Comment

Working...
                              X