Cheap Generic Water coolers For OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Generic Water coolers For OC

Cheap water coolers are exactly that... cheap. They tend to use substandard components and offer you space saving layouts, which usually means they have a very small radiator (or none at all in some cases). To use one of these cooling systems in a machine where you already have plans of heavy overclocking is asking for trouble (and an excuse to buy another processor).

Water is a very good way to cool, but you'll do better with something with the proper parts and a little forethought. You'll also want to make sure you get a radiator large enough to actually cool the water before it recirculates it, and you'll want 1/2" tubing in place to offer better flow of the liquid.

Good luck! :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ok Then, what should be the cheapest water cooling system that I can get away with?

Comment

You might want to follow this thread, and any others you can find. Andy is building what appears to be a nice system from slightly used but quality parts picked up cheap from online classifieds. If you're seriously going to try for an OC of 4200MHz, I doubt even water will get you there, but water will get you closer than air, and not as far as thermoelectrics. Good luck with your project! :thumb:

Comment

Normally cheap water cooling kits can be matched even by simple air cooling. If you really want a good system you will need to invest some time and money in selecting components.

Comment

4200+? Even ln2 will only get you to the mid 3000's :)

Don't buy cheap water cooling kits like the aquarius. They don't perform better than even a decent air cooled setup like the SLK-947 and a good 92mm fan.

Comment

Haha, hey Sov....looks like we both got on at the same time and said the same thing.....what a coincidince ;). I guess great minds think alike.

Basically a lot of the kits out there are made to be a quiet cooling solution and really won't cut it for overclocking when things start heating up.

Comment

I would not generally recommend cheap watercooling. Because of "cheap parts" there might be some issues. Like the cheaper Koolances (some time ago) had a clamping devicce problem and some users were reporting leaking. Nowadays I would not worry, but still. One could make his own kit for pretty cheap and have good performance.

Comment

Working...
                X