fan switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan switching?

i am currently using a volcano 7+. and i belive the fan is a 70'mm smart fan from thermaltake. I was wondering, if i could mod the cooler to a vantec tornado? has anyone done it? cause th vantec is 80mm and the fan i use now is 70mm,

iwant to just switch the fans cause i like the copper heatsink now and i am on low budget.

thankz

I wouldn't bother because the part that is holding you back is the heatsink design itself. If you are gonna go with a Tornado get an SLK900U to put it on, otherwise you're just gonna end up with a really loud computer and sub par results.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
      If you are gonna go with a Tornado get an SLK900U to put it on
      I guess you missed the part about him being on a tight budget, huh?

smokin_pc, you can get a 70mm -> 80mm adapter if you really want to change the fan (although I don't know why, the stock v7+ fan works very well). It looks kinda like a plastic cone with the end cut off. You can usually find them for a couple dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        I guess you missed the part about him being on a tight budget, huh?
        Nope, I didn't.

Comment

iwant to just switch the fans cause i like the copper heatsink now and i am on low budget.

yea ya did.

Comment

Nope, I didn't.

I just don't think it would make much difference. The design of the heatsink itself has to be there for the fan to help. But it won't hurt to try, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin_pc
              i am currently using a volcano 7+. and i belive the fan is a 70'mm smart fan from thermaltake. I was wondering, if i could mod the cooler to a vantec tornado? has anyone done it? cause th vantec is 80mm and the fan i use now is 70mm,

thankz
              If ya any good at workin' with a bit of sheet metal (or know someone who is) then that shouldn't be a problem to do as ya only have to make a new shroud.

Comment

Working...
              X