Power supply mounting for cooling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply mounting for cooling.

Should a power suppy with 2 fans on it be mounted so the inside fan be facing up or down in a standard case with a PSU mount at the very top back?
    There is'st much breathing room between the case top and the fan if the inside fan is pointed up but if its pointed down it's probably blowing warm air from the PSU onto the CPU:confused: ....

It should face downwards.

Comment

the PSU fan on the inside of the case should be pulling cooler air into the PSU and out the rear fan. So for the best results the fan should be facing downwards into the case, like Wiggo already said :)

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFrank
        Should a power suppy with 2 fans on it be mounted so the inside fan be facing up or down in a standard case with a PSU mount at the very top back?
        There is'st much breathing room between the case top and the fan if the inside fan is pointed up but if its pointed down it's probably blowing warm air from the PSU onto the CPU:confused: ....
        You wouldn't happen to have a Skyhawk aluminum case, would you? I have that case and had to mod it so a standard 2 fan PSU would be oriented with the fan facing down. It's worth the time spent. :thumb: :cheers:

Comment

I have a Skyhawk case(5605BL-W) and have a couple of different 2 fan power supplys in it and they seem to fit fine.
          skyhawk

Comment

Originally posted by polar
            I have a Skyhawk case(5605BL-W) and have a couple of different 2 fan power supplys in it and they seem to fit fine.
            skyhawk
            Yes Polar, you have a newer Skyhawk case. They seem to have "fixed" that little boo-boo. Here is what appears to be a slightly older version, and notice that the rear PSU exhaust fan is on the left. Your link shows what appears to be a PSU mount that could go either way. I'm not bagging on Skyhawk cases....I love mine, but I did have to mod mine to put in an Enermax 2 fan PSU so that it drew air from the bottom, as it should. No biggie.....it got me over the fear of hacking on my case. Now my Dremel never rests...:devil win

Comment

Yes I see what you are talking about now.:woot:

Comment

Working...
              X