Overclockers Cool Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclockers Cool Kit?

I need to know if "overclockers cool kit" from sunbermtech (ock - can be found here: http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/OTHER2.HTML?catid=38)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

can fit to Intel Original P4 (478) Cooling Fan up to 2.8 GHz P4 Fan/Heatsink (can be found here: http://www.epinions.com/cmhd-Components-All-Intel_Original_P4_478_Cooling_Fan_up_to_2_8_GHz_P4 _Fan_Heatsink)<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

and if not can someone recommended me on good cooling for my P4 2.0ghz (overclocked to 2.5ghz)

Re: Overclockers Cool Kit?

First off, no the ducting kit will not fit the Intel fan you linked the picture of. It states on the Sunbeam site that it is not compatible with the rectangular fans used by some stock Intel cooling systems.

Secondly, don't even think of using the Sunbeam animated gif files (at the bottom of your first link) as a guide to proper cooling. They indicate you should have intake fans set at both the front and back of the enclosure. This is totally wrong as you won't have enough exhaust and without a solid airflow path, you will have a lot of dead space inside the case where temperatures rise very high and cook any peripheral unlucky enough to be in the vicinity.

Finally, take a look at some cooling reviews and find a cooler that fits your needs. You've already stated you overclock, so depending on your budget you would likely do well with several models from Thermalright, Thermaltake, Cooler Master and Vantec, just to name a few. You could also look into water cooling if you like peace and quiet, but that is another category of cooling altogether.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Can you recommended me on some CPU cooling for my MSI-845PE Pentium-4 2.0ghz overclocked to 2.5ghz, or at leas can you direct me to some fine reviews.

Comment

Have you read through any of the cooling reviews on this site? If not, then I'd start there, then check out over review sites and make your decision based on what you've read.

Comment

Working...
        X