I need some advice for my newly made quiet pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice for my newly made quiet pc

I've just bult up a p4 3.2 system, trying to make it as quiet as possible withouth the watercooling. I've used a Zalman 7000B AlCu inc. 775 clip for CPU cooler; the Nexus quiet inside case fans, a Tagan-480w noiseless power supply, and finally the Thermaltake shark case (with the beehive opening on the side). As the temperatures go, I get 28oC-32oC low and 45oC high (after playing farcry in the highest setting for half an hour) in the morning when it's colder, and 34-36 oC low and 52 oC max high in the night, when the room is warmer. Are these acceptable values you reckon? The PC is really quite, wasw it worth all the trouble? I need advice since this is my first attempt to customizing a PC.
    Thanks.

Re: I need some advice for my newly made quiet pc

Sounds exceptable, What about when its under load?

For example Folding @ Home does a good job of using 100% or your CPU(with lowest priority, so anything that needs the CPU gets priority over FAH, so no lost proformance). But give it a try and see what you load temps are like) I'm sure the Team here would like you contribution.(if you decide to keep the program or join this team)

If not download a benchmark program and put it in a loop for a few hours.

Comment

Ok , back with more info. In a warm room my pc (see above specs) fares at 34oC unloaded and hits a maximum of 53oC loaded (pcmark04 running (score 4863-is that good?)). Are the temperatures acceptable ( I repeat the pc is extremely quiet)?

Comment

Originally posted by toadddy
        Ok , back with more info. In a warm room my pc (see above specs) fares at 34oC unloaded and hits a maximum of 53oC loaded (pcmark04 running (score 4863-is that good?)). Are the temperatures acceptable ( I repeat the pc is extremely quiet)?
        The score depends on the system, but the temps are good.

Comment

Working...
        X