Stock vs iceberq4 pro on pny 6600gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock vs iceberq4 pro on pny 6600gt

So my 5200u just crapped out and I bought a new pny geforce fx 6600gt agp. I have an iceberq 4 heatsink/fan on my 5200u that I will remove. The stock heatsink/fan runs a little loud on my 6600gt. I was wondering if it is wise to tear out the brand new hs/f and use the iceberq 4 pro. I am wondering if I should leave it in because it is custom fitted to the chipset/ram.

I've been posting a lot and I appriciate everyone's time!

Intel 865PERL Mainboard
    Pentium 4 2.0ghz 400fsb
    768MB pny DDR PC2700
    pny Geforce fx6600gt
    Seagate barracuda 160GB SATA HDD
    NEC ND-3520A DVD-R/RW DL
    Samsung DVD/CD-RW
    Enermax Noisetaker 370W PSU

Re: Stock vs iceberq4 pro on pny 6600gt

A quick look at the Vantec site shows the Iceberq4 Pro only being good up to the FX5600 series video card. I don't know if this is because of the age of the product or because the mounting isn't set up to handle the 6600GT or even if the Iceberq4 does not put out enough cooling to handle the hotter core of the newer video boards.

Just out of curiosity, I also looked at the Iceberq5, which IS designed to handle the 6600GT video card, and the first thing I noticed was that the fan used on it has twice the power of the v4 product. I'd be willing to bet there is a reason for this.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Stock vs iceberq4 pro on pny 6600gt

Wow I took a look at the iceberq5 and it looks awesome... thanks a lot darthaniom... now i want to spend MORE money!! lol anywway I guess i'll be useing my stock h/s fan for a while!! If only my 6600gt would get here...

Comment

Working...
      X