Water Cooling - How much water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling - How much water?

How much water would you use in a water cooled system.

I have the following components: chipset, vga, cpu blocks, 2 80mm radiators, a 5.25" res and a mcp650 pump.

Re: Water Cooling - How much water?

As much as it takes to fill it up without any air pockets.

Comment

And remember to use distilled water and not tap water or you will ruin the internals of your cooling components. It is also a good idea to add some sort of preservative to the water to help it from building up mineral deposits and such. You can pick them up pretty cheap and they can help you keep the cooling system running cleanly.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

So I hooked it all up and I don't know if the pump is doing it's job. The water moves at first but then it just sits there. There was a major leak in one of the radiators. would that cause it?

Comment

Hopefully you did this test outside the system before installing it?

The Swiftech pump you're using requires water to be moving through it at all times as it works to both move the liquid and also as a coolant for the motor itself. When the pump is operating normally, feel the tubing and you will be able to feel the liquid moving through the system.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

So I jsut got the new radiator and I'm testing it for leaks. It seems to be leakproof, but I still don't know if the pump is working. When I feel it, it kind of pulses like a heartbeat and the water doesn't appear to be moving at all. Is that normal? Like, for instance, to get all the air bubbles out, I had to hang one piece above another until the air travelled up, then hang the next piece above the previous until all the bubbles got to the res.

Comment

Working...
            X