Clear me out please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear me out please!

Should the CPU cooler take out the hot air from CPU or push cooler air in to the CPU? :?: :?: My cooler currently pushes the air in to the CPU (and to the heat sink of course! :D ). The cooler was set like that when I bought it. Which way sould it be? :?:

When your sweating.......Do you prefere for a fan to blow cool air on you? Or suck air away from you?

Comment

Hmmm...let me think...:idea: ...maybe the blowing to the CPU is the right direction. :D :D I know it was a stupid question, should tought it for my sielf a while... :o :o

Comment

No stupid question here...everyone needs to learn somehow...some coolers exhuast air out .. but most good quality coolers blow air onto the Heatsink. :)
        - Damien

Comment

Ya it was definitly not a stupid question. I'm sorry if I made it appear that way with my direct answer. I found that line on the globalwin website a year ago when I was searching for good cpu coolers (at the time the wbk38) and that line was in the FAQ. :p

Comment

No hard feelings mate...! :thumb: :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Far from a stupid question, as in my book a closed mouth don't get fed..............meaning if you don't know then you need to ask and if you don't ask you are the only thing that will remain stupid:rofl:
              But on the serious tip: there are Manufactured HSF's
              which the makers of recomend Fan extraction rather than fan
              induction......case in point is my Alpha P8045u........and unless
              all the system fans are set to exhaust/Negative Air Flow
              it actually runs 5 degrees cooler blowing air on CPU as opposed to manufacturers suggestion.
              That's kinda why most of us are here........to learn/share
              tweaks we have had time to play with.......just cuz it comes the
              way it is, by no means is it a factor that is the best left that way if
              Higher performance is you ultimate quest........so just keep asking
              and we'll try our best to give you some times Sane and most always functional answers:2cents:
              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

"if you don't know then you need to ask and if you don't ask you are the only thing that will remain stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                  When your sweating.......Do you prefere for a fan to blow cool air on you? Or suck air away from you?
                  That is your body's air conditioner(sweating so the heat is taken away with air) As far as I know CPU's don't sweat? So I don't know which would work better, suck or blow???

Comment

If a CPU started sweating, I don't know about you guys, but that'd be something that would make me start to sweat :D (and time to put some thermal compound on bottom of proc maybe)

Comment

Working...
                    X