No announcement yet.

Where on Sandra do I find the CPU temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where on Sandra do I find the CPU temp?

I donwloaded Sandra to try to find out the temp of my CPU, and I'm stumpped, I cant find out where it is. Could anyone help me. Another thing, I got my PC from Dell , and I can't find the watt's on my power supply, is there a Program that'll tell me how much wattage my power supply is. Thanks alot. :smokin:

well its located at mainboard info temp sensors both ur cpu and syst. temp r there

Comment

Sorry to be so iliterate at the moment, but I do not see anything, anywhere, even under "Mainborad Info" that says "Temp sensors" or "Temp" or anything to do with Temperture. Thanks for your help. :smokin:

Comment

Your mainboard is new enough to support the readings that Sandra picks up. ufuk21p was correct in directing you to the blue diamond icon labeled Mainboard Information. Depending on the chipset used in the mainboard it will be located between 1/3 and 1/2 the way down the listings. The heading will be "Temperature Sensor(s)".
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Nothing under "MainBoard Information" says "Temperture Sensors" I have the newest version of SISoftware... There is somthing that says "Thermal stake" and to the right it says "Safe", and that's all I can see as far as Temp's go... Anyone else have this prob.... Thanks

Comment

Being a Dell it's very likely that the mobo doesn't have the required hardware (Winbond or such like chip) to let software properly monitor the CPU's temp other than to let you know if it's ok or not.

Comment

Try and download a program like hmonitor, and set the sensor to DIODE (measuring temperature from internal CPU diode). Proprietary machine or not, don't matter... If your proc has an internal cpu diode for measuring temps, it will measure 'em (and all modern day proc's have these :) ... But they're not extremely accurate, plus/minus 5 C worst case usually).

Comment

Suicide the internal diode only has to talk to the BIOS but unless software can act thru a 3rd party chip (which picks up that signal) you ain't goin' to get anything.

Comment

That's odd. I have a Dell at work running the i845 chipset based board and it reports temperatures to Sandra. :confused:
                  My Toys

Comment

So is there any other software that is supposed to give Temps?
                    :afro:

Comment

Probably not that would be of any use to you. These software utilities utilize the builtin Winbong chips that are on a vast majority of today's modern motherboards. Since it doesn't seem that your board uses this type of onboard monitoring system, it is unlikely that our normal grouping of aftermarket utilities will be of much use to you. You might check with Dell and see if they have any software options that fulfill your needs.
                      My Toys

Comment

Alright, thanks dude. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                        X