No announcement yet.

Ram it to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you would need dual channel DDR for a dual channel mobo, it specifically made to run together flawlessly, you can try just 2X256 PC2100 ram, but tell us[me] what happens

Comment

Nope just 2 matching sticks will do and that way there'll be no timing issues.

Comment

ran it fine for half a day with the 2100 sticks in there....i have the XMS 3500 in there now with as aggressive a timing as the bios allows and it seems to run fine with that as well....but my main system is a bit slower without the fast ram i have noticed....I want to get the XMS back in it....so can anyone tell me if the Nforce will run with to miss matched ram sticks....both pc2700 but one 256 and one 512??????

Comment

Try it and you'll soon find out whether it'll work or not. ;)

Comment

;) I will have to try it out...i was just wondering if anyone had tried before me that wanted to toss:2cents: worth in

Comment

:wave:

So, what's the verdict? Tried the mixed-size rams yet. Let us know what happens(ed). That way we can all learn from your experiments...
              :wave:
              :-(

Comment

I just installed the two diff sticks last night and dont have excel installed right now to check the seti times to see what it did...the system runs fine but I dont know about the benchmark performance of it yet...as soon as I get a chance to get everything installed I will let you guys know.:thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Thanks! Running stable is half the battle. Time for a
                  :-(

Comment

I think I will Join ya.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X