Amd Xp 2400 Chip, Locked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd Xp 2400 Chip, Locked?

I WANT TO OVER CLOCK THIS CHIP AND I WAS WONDERING IF THIS CHIP IS UNLOCKED OR LOCKED. IF IT IS HOW DO I UNLOCK IT.

THANKS.

:)

YES I AM GOING TO GET A DIFFENT MB. ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS. I DONT WANT TO SPEND OVER LIKE 90$.

Comment

The Epox 8RDA+ is a fave with the serious overclockers here, and runs about $80. The nForce2 chipset will unlock that 2400+ for all it's worth....just make sure to save some dough for cooling. :thumb: Also, that ECS board will support a max of DDR266....you're gonna need even faster RAM than that if you want a decent OC....I know, I had the ECS K7S5A, before the Pro came out....it now resides in my girlfriend's PC.....where it belongs...

Comment

dont even get me started with the k7s5a. I had to mod the chipset cooling for it just to run stock fsb of 133. Damn insulating tape! I have a 8rda+ on the way and im excited. All the features you could ever want. I putting a 2400 in it too so ill let you know how it goes.

Comment

Yes you do need to unlock it. Toms hardware has the guide on how to do it. The last 2 L3 bridges are the only ones that need to be "filled" and "bridged".

Chez

PS STOP SHOUTING..............

Unlocking kits can be found at www.highspeedpc.com:

Code Name Quantity
          Price/Ea. Total
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          XPkit XP Unlocking Kit 1
          $11.99 $11.99
          AMDshim Purple Anodized AMD Shim (Fits XP, Tbred) 1
          $8.50 $8.50
          Shipping: Priority
          Mail: $3.85

Sales Tax: $0.00
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $24.34

Get a shim from them while you are at it. Other shims will smear the connective grease and short your chip, they are only 8 bucks and are anodized purple, like it matters, you can't see it!!!:laugh:

Comment

Ummm.no u dont have to unlock it with the Nforce2 chipset, so youll be set, without any unlocking needed to be done

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
              Ummm,no you dont have to unlock it with the Nforce2 chipset, so you'll be set, without any unlocking needed.
              Yes, I just confirmed that to be sure...No unlocking necessary with an XP 2400+ on an nForce2 or KT400 chipset, the higher multipliers are available to be adjusted......BUT! If you do unlock it, the very low multipliers are available, which will enable extremely high FSB speeds.
              Also, I've never used a shim, and never had a problem with a broken core.
              (Minor spelling and grammar corrections AMD....it's chronic)

Comment

Originally posted by Wordbiker

(Minor spelling and grammar corrections AMD....it's chronic)
                Thats STRIKE 2. LOL :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  Thats STRIKE 2. LOL :cheers:
                  LMAO:laugh: :rofl: :cheers:

Comment

I unlocked it on my Asus A7V8X with the KT400. I figured do it, so I wouldn't have to take it out and do after it was put together. Someone passed me along bad info. Oh well, its unlocked and running pretty sweet right now. I am breaking it in at 17 x 133 and am going to adjust after the Shin Etsu thermal paste has a chance to cure.

I also have the A7N8X which I know unlocks it already, but that is for another one of my systems with a Barton 2500+.

Sorry for the wrong info. Thats bad when it gets pasted on to me and then I pass it on to another, didn't know. sorry.

I bought a shim for the 1st time just because. I have never chipped a chip, although I have seen one. I figured 8 bucks, I would try it, only because of the unlocking grease on there. (didn't want to smear it on accident and short the chip out).
                    I have never used intel and have built a ton of systems and never chipped a "chip" although it was funny when I saw my 1st one, it was at Bestbuy and the guy was talking himself up like he was a master builder or something and chipped this guys chip! Needless to say we all got a kick out of it, cause the guy was kind of an a$$.

Have fun,
                    Chez

Comment

Hey, I just got an nForce2 chipset motherboard (N2PAP-LITE by Mach Speed) and I can't change my multiplyer at all! I'm gonna try and bridge the last 2 L3 bridges and see if that works. But still anyone know how to get this thing unlocked? I've been trying (tried the wire method so far), but nothing has happened. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

EDIT: out of conductive grease, can't try bridging untill later this week. I also just tried the wire method and tried to get an 8.25 multi, but it still didnt change anything

Comment

Working...
                      X