Highest Possible Oc For Amd 2400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Possible Oc For Amd 2400

if i get a good mb, what is the fastest i can oc the amd 2400 xp.
    i wil have a volcano 7 fan too .

what mb, and what memory too is needed.

thanks.

If you buy an ABIT NF7-S and some good PC3500 You should be able to hit 2.3+ghz at 215 to 225 FSB with sufficient HS/Fan combo.

Comment

You're gonna need a new cpu cooler if you want to o/c that puppy. The whole volcano line is pretty much crap. Depending what your budget is, you could go with a cheap vantec aeroflow or an MCX462-V with a nice 92mm fan.

2.3 isn't asking too much of a 2400+, provided you have the board and ram to back it up. Climbski and I both run an nf7-s with OCZ EL PC3500 so naturally we'd both recommend it.

Comment

what is 2.3 overclocked , copaired to intel p 4. about 3.0hgz?

Comment

Depends a lot on your fsb speed. 166x13.5 for 2241 and 225x10 for 2250 will be vastly different, even though the clock speed is almost the same.

I find my 1700+ @ 227x10.5 (2388) performs on par with a P4 3.2 stock. Maybe outperforms it by a small margin.

Comment

Originally posted by AMDBOI
            what is 2.3 overclocked , copaired to intel p 4. about 3.0hgz?
            Did you mean compared? Anyway...you can't compare intel with amd or amd with intel...:wow:
            CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
            Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
            RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
            GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
            PSU: Thermaltake 500w
            SC: Audigy 2 zs
            LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
            Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
            Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereignty
              You're gonna need a new cpu cooler if you want to o/c that puppy. The whole volcano line is pretty much crap.
              I disagree, the Volcano 7+ and 11+ both perform well, and are fairly cheap.

Comment

You're gonna need a new cpu cooler if you want to o/c that puppy. The whole volcano line is pretty much crap. Depending what your budget is, you could go with a cheap vantec aeroflow or an MCX462-V with a nice 92mm fan.

2.3 isn't asking too much of a 2400+, provided you have the board and ram to back it up. Climbski and I both run an nf7-s with OCZ EL PC3500 so naturally we'd both recommend it.
                Someone is trying to start a war :shoot3:
                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  I disagree, the Volcano 7+ and 11+ both perform well, and are fairly cheap.
                  Not really, the Aeroflow outperforms them, is quieter, looks better, and is usually cheaper. More than enough reasons there.

Comment

Well I'll disagree about the Volcano 7+ ($43aus) as it does very well in the Athlon and P4 systems that I build but I havn't used the VANTEC Aeroflow ($49aus) so I can't comment on it until I do and the Coolermaster Aero7 Plus ($59aus) is gettin' a bit expensive then any of the Alpha, Swiftech or Thermalright heatsinks are at least twice the price without a fan (the exception bein' the SLK700 ($59aus w/o fan). On P4's low speed is usually all that's required and medium speed on Athlons and they leave the retail HSF's well behind but as for the rest of the Volcano line, I'll leave them well enough alone as they just don't do a good job. That's just my opinion but I'm stickin' with it. : peace2:

Comment

The Aeroflow performs near identical to the Swiftech heatsinks, which beat the Volcanos.

Comment

What type of excess noise is paired with the AeroFlow?

Comment

Well mines about 12 inches away right now and I can't hear it over my typing. Its keeping my 3ghz processor at 35c at the moment.

Comment

I'm just saying if you try to get a decent o/c on a volcano 7 or even an volc 11, you're out of your mind. They're not meant for that.

The aeroflow will far outperform any volcano and is fairly cheap too. If you dont want to shell out $50 for a swiffy and another $15 for a fan, the aeroflow is the way to go.

Comment

I'm just saying if you try to get a decent o/c on a volcano 7 or even an volc 11, you're out of your mind. They're not meant for that.
                              I again disagree. My 7+ is keeping my 1700+ @ 166X12 1.7Vcore @35C, on medium, case temp 29C room temp 26C

Comment

Working...
                              X