must...go...faster....!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• must...go...faster....!!!

ok well i got my p4c up to 3.33ghz wtf fsb at 275mhz...i got a p4p800Delux, anyway to OC the proc anymore? i couldnt find a way to change the fsb to 5:4 or anything but i wana make it go faster, i got watercooling and its barly even warm...

Just remember that ya FSB is quad pumped so the effective data rate that ya now runnin' is 1100MHz.

Comment

where in the bios did you find the ratio settings at?

Comment

DDR Frequency

400 - 1:1
        320 - 5:4
        266 - 3:2

Comment

lol DDR freq. doesnt do a thing man, wether i have auto, 400, 320, or 266 my cpu is at 3.2+/- fsb at 1080+/-
          what i relly wana do is get the fsb up to like 1100 (watercooled chipset) and cpu at like 3.5-3.8ghz (or higher?) (watercooled also). I GOT CORSAIR xms PC4000 RAM (2.5-4-4-8). anyway i can get the cpu speed up without the fsb going up? i cant push the fsb up past 275mhz(4x pumped) but if i tweak with voltages a bit i might be able to...havent played with it alot yet.

Comment

I don't think you understand....

The DDR Frequency changes the frequency that your RAM runs at in ratio to your FSB. If you don't understand how this works, run this at the different settings and you will see what I mean.

CPU-Z for Windows® x86/x64 is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. CPU-Z is fully supported on Windows® 11. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

Examples:

250FSB, 1:1 Ratio, results in 250mhz memory frequency, or DDR500.

250FSB, 5:4 Ratio, results in 200mhz memory frequency, or DDR400.

250FSB, 3:2 Ratio, results in 167mhz memory frequency, or DDR333.

A 2.4c CPU at the above values would run at 3.0ghz / 1000mhz system bus. The system bus is simply FSB x 4.

To run 1100mhz system bus, you need a FSB of 275. That's it. That would put your CPU at 3300mhz.

Comment

thanx for the link but i got it already(thats how i knew specks) i just relly wana crank up the cpu speed (to test limits) without dicking with ram relly, cust to see how far the cpu can go. i know the rams limited at 275ish+/- (with any decent cas.)

Comment

You have to use the divider to slow your RAM down when it reaches a point where it cannot go any farther.

If you run into a wall, you have to switch to 5:4 to keep going, your RAM can't handle going that high.

Comment

man i hate my life the only memory ratio options i have are auto, 333 (5:4 i guess) and 400 (1:1 i guess)

Comment

well after a exhausting overclocking session (about 3 hours worth) i learned that in bios when i change the fsb ratio it doesnt change what wcpuid tells me, its always 3060-3333mhz cpu and 1050-1100bus i tried setting the ddr to 333 and 266 with no change in reorted specks. also i have all my voltages on auto is that the best? i got pc4000 ram(ddr500) XMS series, good ****, it can go to 300fsb but i think its the cpu thats dieing at that speeds, i dont know how to tell...lol, all i can say is sometimes windows crashes at that speed sometimes it doesnt, so i know its not stable, im trying to find the weak link:thumb:

Comment

raise the voltage about .1 volts and and then see if it still crashes in windows.

Comment

you could also up the voltage on your ram and see if it handles better

Comment

Crank the RAM voltage up. What board do you have?

The DDR Frequency setting does not affect your clock speed.....it changes your DDR Frequency (duh). Look on the memory tab in CPU-Z....

Comment

my ram voltage is at 2.85(max allowed by mobo and max ram says it should take) and i have the p4 voltage on auto, is i manualy increase it itll work better.. what kind of max should i expect for my cpu? i thought 3.33 was pritty good...
                            p.s. i got a asus p4p800 delux

Comment

My CPU only needs the default 1.525v at 3ghz. Yours may need 1.6-1.65 at 3.3-3.4, play with it until you find what works, but watch your temps. You're getting to the point where heat may be a factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X