Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are a few n00b Questions? (Merged Threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's called getting the most of your hard earned money.

Comment

Yes, but changing timings is not overclocking :cool: .

Comment

He's been starting threads asking questions like this all day. Seems he wants to overclock without even knowing what it does or why he would even want to do it. I wasn't going to waste my time explaining everything about mem timings, ratios, etc, and neither should anyone else :)

Comment

Some ppl are like sawn-off shotguns arn't they? :shrug:

Darkerick ya were pollutin' this forum with ya "step by step" threads so I merged them all in a little clean up that I'm havin' atm. Keep all ya questions that ya have on this topic to this one thread pls but I'm sure that usin' the search facility here would've got the answers for ya though. Also tellin' us ya full hardware setup wouldn't hurt so that we know that you know what ya workin' with. :devil win

Comment

speaking of racing stripes and spoilers look http://www.badgerpackaging.com/heavymetal/

Comment

What is the benefit of having fast memory, im going to take a guess and it makes it faster to collect memory for a given program?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker
                speaking of racing stripes and spoilers look http://www.badgerpackaging.com/heavymetal/
                Yea i saw that in maximum pc =D
                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Faster memory = faster computer. It's best to have memory that is able to keep up with your processor (FSB) to run it 1:1.

Comment

I get confused when you say1:1, what does that mean. 3:4,etc.

Comment

it means that your memory and cpu are running at the same fsb

CPU= 166 mhz FSB & Mem = 166 mhz

there are other ratios you can run your CPU:Mem at, but 1:1 is the best imo

Comment

could I acheive that with 200MHz FSB and 500 MHz memory?

Comment

yes, DDR500 is really 250 mhz (2x250 = 500)

by default your ram will run at fsb speeds if the ram is faster (it clocks down in other words)
                          with DDR500 you should have plenty of room to OC your CPU while keeping timings low and such

Comment

To run DDR500 your FSB must be 250.

Comment

I bought an Abit IC7 motherboard, intel 875chipset, 800Mhz FSB. What memory company should I buy from. What memory goes best with Abit motherboards? I heard Mushkin and XMS corsair is the best?

Comment

OH. I have another memory question. Lets say you buy 1gb of DDR(433) for a dual channel DDR motherboard. So you install this on slot 1 and 3 on your mobo. Now can you buy different memory for slot 2 and 4? Like (2x256)DDR(500)?

Comment

Working...
                                X