No announcement yet.

Overclocking duron 750mhz. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking duron 750mhz. Please help!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this overclockin thingy.

I recently unlocked the multiplier of my duron 750mhz. and tried to overclock it by increasing its FSB from 100mhz to 120mhz.

The prob is why cant i increase the multiplier instead of changing the fsb ( since that will affect other components?)
    Whenever i try to change the multiplier from 7.5 to a higher value, the system will still read it as 750mhz (in BIOS n xp).
    As far as i know usually people o/c their proc by increasing their multiplier.

and from what i've read on net they can increase it to the 1ghz realm. not for me though since i dont have any water cooling.
    but i once reached 900 but very unstable. any suggestions on what voltage i should increase it to? (default 1.60)

Specs:
    Duron 750mhz
    SDRAM 256 Visipro 133
    gforce2mx400 64mb

Thx

No people overclock with the FSB not the multiplier, and the reason is it gives much better performance increases. However if you can't do that, or once you find the limit, then you have to adjust the multi to finish it off.

High FSB + Low Multiplier = Speed

Comment

But when why cant i change the multiplier value? it doesnt affect the reading in bios n windows?

whats the difference between core voltage (1.60v) and the other voltage (3.30v)?

thanks

Comment

Core voltage is what runs your processor, don't know what you mean by the 3.30v, it isn't adjustable, thats one of the rails from your power supply (12v, 5v, 3.3v).

You can change the multiplier too but its better to lower it if you can. This is why people buy the P4 2.4c over the 3.2c....it has a lower multiplier and a higher overclocking potential.

Comment

Working...
        X