RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

well i'm not overflowing with cash! if i was i probably wouldn't be asking these questions, i would be out buying my self a comp that can get decent framerates. the only reason i wanted to no about the Spark 7 is because i found one on sale for 6$ australian! for this price i think i should get it, even if it doesn't help me get to my 2ghz goal it should provide better temps then the stock cooler.

The Evolved One

Comment

I left my Air Conditioner on for a while and took the side off my case to see if i could squeeze any more out.. i've managed to get my FSB to a whopping 114FSB with a blinding speed of 1940mhz! this proved that my cooling can be improved on, pity I can't leave my a/c on 24/7... also i think that my thermal probes may have moved from where i put them last... just to make sure, Where is the Ideal position for my thermal probe to get the most accurate CPU readings?

I'll let you no how things go... cheers again

The Evolved One

EDIT: It Appears 114FSB was to much for it at the moment I have turned the A/C off and have left the side off my case, currently running @ 113FSB 1920mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
            No.

If you want good cooling performance stick with Swiftech (MCX462), or Thermalright (SLK900, SP94), with the 2nd one being the best there is but pricey.

Hell even a Aeroflow will outperform the TTs.
            Sorry bud but he's already explained about the budget (some ppl do have them ya know) ;) ,
            If i was to buy a ThermalTake Spark 7 would i notice the difference? only mentioning this because i found a cheap one and i am thinking about possibly getting it...
            Even one of them and a cheap on as well for fittin' the budget is still a good improvement over the stock retail item (I've heard of these over there for $10-$20us) so pls do give some ground when budget issues do arise as some of us do have these issues in real life.

Comment

WTF? I said the $25 Aeroflow is a lot better...that's not budget???

I have my thermal probe attached to the back of the CPU via electrical tape. That's as close as you can get and the temps are right on.

Comment

Working...
              X