SATA and overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA and overclocking

Ok so I just installed the SATA adapter that came with my motherboard on my hard drive today and when I went to start up, it blue screened and restarted as it was loading windows. I go into bios and change the FSB and multiplier back to default and now it works. How can installing the SATA adapter on my HD effect my oc?

All I can think of is make sure AGP/PCI are locked to 66/33mhz. I run my system off a Raptor and I obviously don't have any overclocking problems.

Comment

Yeah I have the AGP bus locked at 66mhz but I dont see any place to lock the PCI bus?

Comment

PCI runs at half that so if you have the AGP locked at 66 the PCI is at 33 like it should be.

Have you tried restoring default settings and trying to overclock again? Mine can be picky sometimes and won't boot one day even though those are the settings I use every day.

Comment

Yeah, I tried restoring default settings and then overclocking again but once again i get the blue screen. Weird.

Comment

in fact SATA device is very sensitive to the srs clock. if u wanna oc with a SATA device on I think there is some special way to do it. go check more information on internet.

Comment

Originally posted by lamarodom007
              in fact SATA device is very sensitive to the srs clock. if u wanna oc with a SATA device on I think there is some special way to do it. go check more information on internet.
              srs clock?

Comment

could have been trying to say sys (system)

Comment

I run a Raptor and it doesn't seem to mind....i've booted at 3.5ghz and have a screenshot of 3450mhz....

Comment

I got it to work after raising the EXT-P2P's discard time to 1ms.

Comment

Ok, now that I got that solved I have one other question. My video card and sound card are sharing an IRQ, how can I fix this?

Comment

Are they in 2 PCI slots side by side?

Comment

Working...
                        X