2000xp thoroughbred oc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000xp thoroughbred oc?

just wondering if any of u guys has had a thoroughbred a and what u can overclock them too?

compared to the t-bred B, the t-bred A cpus don't OC very well but you should still be able to get a little extra juice out of it

Comment

Most T'bred A's top out around 1.9-2GHz as with my XP2200+ 1940MHz is about as far as it will go stablely.

Comment

u wont be able to get alot of OC out of the 2000xp. it is already hot at stock speed. I think a 1700+ will do better OC than the 2000xp. my bud has the 2000xp+ and he could only get 100 mhz OC with a Tt7+ cause teh temp would get to 62+ at load.

Comment

Originally posted by muscles
          just wondering if any of u guys has had a thoroughbred a and what u can overclock them too?
          HERE is a database that shows what others have done with their own processors. It works as a pretty good indicator of what can be done with a majority of the processors on the streets now. :D
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by smokin_pc
            u wont be able to get alot of OC out of the 2000xp. it is already hot at stock speed. I think a 1700+ will do better OC than the 2000xp. my bud has the 2000xp+ and he could only get 100 mhz OC with a Tt7+ cause teh temp would get to 62+ at load.
            Then I suggest he get a better heatsink because T-Bred As don't overclock much and shouldn't get that hot.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin_pc
              u wont be able to get alot of OC out of the 2000xp. it is already hot at stock speed. I think a 1700+ will do better OC than the 2000xp. my bud has the 2000xp+ and he could only get 100 mhz OC with a Tt7+ cause teh temp would get to 62+ at load..
              Originally posted by Soulburner
              Then I suggest he get a better heatsink because T-Bred As don't overclock much and shouldn't get that hot.
              More likely he had the retainin' clip on backwards and/or his case's airflow really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                HERE is a database that shows what others have done with their own processors. It works as a pretty good indicator of what can be done with a majority of the processors on the streets now. :D
                Someone there got 4.7ghz with a XP 1700 T-Bred!! Is that possible?

Comment

No, its not.....I bet someone thinks they're real funny too.

Comment

Working...
                  X