P4 1.8 Overclocking Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 1.8 Overclocking Problem

Hey ya all, first time posting here, I randomly searched for the answer to my questions in past postings, however to no avail, I hope this is not a redundant question to any of you. Anywho, I am building a computer, here are the general specs...

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000Pro (rev 2.0)
    with P4 1.8 400 bus
    256 Ram
    Western Digital 80 GB HDD
    Samsung 52x24x52x16 Combo
    Antec Smart Blue 350W Power Supply

I got the system up and running after countless hours of messing with GIGABYTE's piece of junk Driver cd, (long story, and I still don't have all the drivers I need installed) but anyway, I got into bios and made a boo boo on overclocking, I set it at 355mhz (Originally set to 100) and jumped the ATA (I think it was ATA) to 118/?/? mhz now my system won't show anything on the monitor, the system will power on but nothing will show?

Does anyone no how to get the system bios to show up again and reset my defaults? Windows won't show, I get a blank screen where my monitor won't even turn on???

Please help an amateur overclocker....
    Thanks!:shrug:

Oh yeah I am also running a ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 8x/4x 128 MB DDR graphics card!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgi-webstore
      Hey ya all, first time posting here, I randomly searched for the answer to my questions in past postings, however to no avail, I hope this is not a redundant question to any of you. Anywho, I am building a computer, here are the general specs...

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000Pro (rev 2.0)
      with P4 1.8 400 bus
      256 Ram
      Western Digital 80 GB HDD
      Samsung 52x24x52x16 Combo
      Antec Smart Blue 350W Power Supply

I got the system up and running after countless hours of messing with GIGABYTE's piece of junk Driver cd, (long story, and I still don't have all the drivers I need installed) but anyway, I got into bios and made a boo boo on overclocking, I set it at 355mhz (Originally set to 100) and jumped the ATA (I think it was ATA) to 118/?/? mhz now my system won't show anything on the monitor, the system will power on but nothing will show?

Does anyone no how to get the system bios to show up again and reset my defaults? Windows won't show, I get a blank screen where my monitor won't even turn on???

Please help an amateur overclocker....
      Thanks!:shrug:

try clearing your cmos.........should be in your mobo manual.....

Comment

Thanks, I got it figured out....I just took out the system battery for thirty seconds and it worked great!

Comment

thats one way to clear ur cmos but if u want something easier find the jumper on ur mobo and just jump it(move the jumpers from one position to a diff one). much easier.

Comment

Working...
          X