Pentium 4 1.6A Overclocking Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentium 4 1.6A Overclocking Results!

I brought a new Intel Pentium 4 1.6A processor a couple of weeks ago after being told it was a good overclocking processor.

I popped it into a Soyo Dragon Ultra (SiS 645) with 768mb Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM and regular GeForce3 hoping it would reach somewhere around 2GHz at the most, which I would have been happy with.

After some playing around I was able to get the processor to boot at 2.5GHz (100 x 150) with standard air cooling - That is an 900MHz overclock, anyone thinking back to the Celeron 300A days? :)

It didn't boot into Windows at 2.5GHz, but I backed the processor down to 2.41GHz and ever since that time it has been running everything as stable as a rock - 800MHz overclock.

The only problem is because the FSB is set fairly high I have to run the memory slower untill I get some PC2700 or "PC3000" from OCZ.

I'm pretty impressed nevertheless! :afro:

Good one there Tweak. :thumb:

Comment

that is a great OC

Comment

Oops I didn't realise I'd already posted about this... :)

Comment

Had a couple of last nite hey? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            Had a couple of last nite hey? :D
            Nope - Just forgot... :)

Comment

I have also had a bit of success clocking up the northwood 1.6A i have ATM gotten to 2.3Ghz, with the stock cooler, but it is running hot (53idle and 60full load) but i am looking for somrthing better (volcano 7+ me thinks) and looking for a voltage mod for a ASUS P4B, to go higher, oh and BTW i am getting a TI4400 in a couple of days - they are supposed to be in brisbane wednesday, and i have a LAN thursday night, i really have my fingers crossed i'll get it by then :D

Comment

Working...
              X