Overclocking a KD7 RAID W/athlon 2100 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking a KD7 RAID W/athlon 2100 XP

Need help with overclocking KD7 RAID W/athlon 2100XP also system has 1 gig of DDR2100 is there a site that can walk me through this or is there someone here Kind enough to Tell me :thumb:

Thanks,
    John

Well your RAM is already running at its rated speed, so its going to be a major limiting factor, also if thats a Palamino core 2100+ OC isn't going to happen anyway. To tell if it's a palamino, remove the HSF and look at the core,
    Square with details etched on=Paly Rectangular with Details on a sticker=Thoroughbred (Good)

So, confirm whether shes a Paly or Tbred, then you'll probably need to get some PC2700 or PC3000, as you can't expect a large OC from that mobo anyway

Comment

Or if you're not too big on removing the heatsink, download SiSoft Sandra 2004 from www.guru3d.com and run the CPU and BIOS test. It will tell you under Processor name what core it is in (). Mine appears as: Duron M6 & Athlon 4/MP/XP(Palomino) 1-1.8 ghz 1.7-1.75 volts

If its Palomino you probably wont be able to get a great overclock, because the 2100 is the highest chip they produced.

Comment

Yes ,

It is a Palomino so guess thats out the window.
        But now i have a 1700+ also could i get this running at my 2100's speed. ?

John

Comment

also* have 1700+ is what i Meant...:rolleyes:

Comment

if its tbredB its the best :D

Comment

Even if its a TbredA, you'll probbal get limited to around 1900mhz, as thats what they tend to top at. Though the 2100+ Paly's normally wont do anymore than 1820mhz

Comment

Working...
              X