Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering on what the potential of my computer is!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering on what the potential of my computer is!!!

well as what the subject said. I'm just wondering what the potential of my system is when overclocked. I guess you guys would have a better idea then me.... I'm sorta a noob at overclocking at the moment, have a fair idea how to but never really tried. Anyway heres me system specs.....

2500 athlon
    asus A7N8X-X mobo
    120 seagate 8mb cache 7200rpm hdd
    512mb 333mhz ram
    128mg gf4 ti4800 SF (Super Fast... just a beefed up version of the normal ti4800)
    Asus dvd rom 16X
    liteon 52x 24x 52x cd burner
    450 watt PS
    4 fans
    fan controller
    CoolerMaster Jet 7 cpu fan

anyway let us know what you think I can do to get this beast screamin..... safely though (Don't really wanna fry the sucker)

Maybe 14k 3DMarks if you play with it.

Comment

it averages at about 12 and a half.... I'm sorta wondering what to do also to get it running quicker

Comment

It's a shame that ya didn't get some good quality PC3200 memory with that as then ya could've upped the core voltage by 0.1v and lowered the multiplier to 9 then moved the FSB to 200MHz. Then if that proved successful ya could just then move the multiplier up by 0.5 at a time to really find out the true potential of that setup.

Comment

I had upped the fsb originally to 200mhz and left the multiplier at 12/12.5 ( cant remember, will find out later.... cant be stuffed doing it now) so that it saw itself as a 3200 and to be honest saw no difference and had no difference in 3dmark. Also had no increase in temp at all. This is leading me to believe that it really isn't overclocking but just putting out there that it can display itself as a 3200. Is there something in particular that I'm doing wrong (says the noob in this pic:o )??????? If you guys could shed some light in my direction it would be much appreciated

Comment

Then your CPU is either locked, or you did not save the BIOS settings changes.

Use this to verify your speeds.

Comment

I did save it in the bios.... windows recognizes it as a 3200 (clock speed of 2.2 I think). What happens if it is locked??????

Comment

Do programs like CPUZ recognize ATTEMPTS at overclocking if a cpu is locked?? WOuld it display his 3200 if his Barton was locked, or is there some kind of misunderstanding??

Comment

Never got an answer from you soulburner.... what happens if its locked???? Is it easier to use programs to overclock you cpu rarther than just going to the bios al the time.... does it overclock it better than your bios????:shrug:

Comment

Software overclockin' is no where near as good as doin' the job properly in BIOS and if Windows recognises it as a 3200+ then the overclock should've worked (did ya try that CPU-Z for verifiaction?).

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralGrosnich
                      Never got an answer from you soulburner.... what happens if its locked???? Is it easier to use programs to overclock you cpu rarther than just going to the bios al the time.... does it overclock it better than your bios????:shrug:
                      If its locked, your system will just refuse to accept any multiplier changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X