Are Dell computers overclockable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Dell computers overclockable?

Ive heard that it is impossible and ive also heard that it is totally possible. ???

To put it simple, it's nothing you should bother with as you won't be able to find the settings and options needed in your bios.

Comment

Ok, but im gunna try and overclock it no matter.

Comment

I have a Intel 845PE motherboard, what overclocking software should i get cause SoftFSB dosent have this mobo as an option???

Comment

Well, judging by your sig it uses SDRAM. So that makes it even harder to do. If you can find out the real manufacturer of your mobo, SoftFSB may render a small OC

Comment

Originally posted by joedemagio
            I have a Intel 845PE motherboard, what overclocking software should i get cause SoftFSB dosent have this mobo as an option???
            joedemagio, you didn't really want to make a new thread with that^ did you? ;)

Comment

Yet again, another misguided soul has been made to believe that the almighty power of the hallowed Overclock will cure all PC woes :(

Do yourself a big favor joedemagio, spend the time you are wasting on this pursuit in a more productive way.
              I think perhaps investigating how a PC works along with all the numerous factors involved with moving the 1's and 0's around will soon show you how practically pointless it truly is to pursue the overclock configuration with the components you have at this time.

Sure, you may overclock it eventually.
              However any significant increase or gain in regards to your real usage of the system will be marginal at best.

Typically a system such as yours already contains RAM which is incapable of feeding data to the CPU at an effective rate.
              By causing the CPU to run even faster will only add to the number of cycles that goes to waste.
              Not to mention the rotational speed of your hard drive, likely coupled with the low transfer rate of data it is cursed with.

These and other factors, in the overwhelming majority of situations such as yours simply tend to make the whole pursuit an exercise in futility in so far as enhancing performance or function is concerned.

You can read more on this at;

I'm not sure the other fellow ever truly understood what we were trying to tell him, but hopefully you will have the insight to peruse our attempts to provide insight and answers for what is essentially the same question that you are asking.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X