Memory DDR temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory DDR temp

Hi, i currently have O/C my cpu and my memory to 350 mhz instead of 333, i would like to know that if i O/C more, will my memory burn or will my system just freeze a lot ?:?:

Usually the memory will start throwin' errors and either give ya a black screen or Windows won't load.

Comment

Don't even worry about heat.

At 225mhz 2.85v my HyperX 3200 doesn't even get very warm, with no heatspreader (by the way, they run cooler with them off - the heatspreader on the majority of RAM today is not a heatsink, but rather acts as an insulator and holds heat in).

I can prove this for one, by touch, the heatspreader always got much much warmer than the chips themselves do now, and two, I gained a mhz or so doing it (dont have the volts to see a big gain).

Comment

thanks a lot my friend, so i think i'll overclock my cpu a little more :flames:

Comment

Heatspreaders help when you give the mem some extreme voltage like 3.2v+. Before that there's really no point. The ram just doesnt get very hot.

Comment

Only if the heatspreader design will actually aid in disappating heat.

All my KHX were doing were basting under that piece of metal.

Comment

Hey Soulburner, I just got some KHX pc3000 as it was the only possible BH6/BH5 I could find. I wanted to tear the Heatspreaders off of it, but I dont wanna lose the warranty, 184 bucks is tough to through away, especially since ill probably be running 2.9v through them 24/7.

So, does it look like it would be easy to put the heatspreaders back on, or am I defintely losing my warranty.

Danke in advance.

Comment

I'm sure you could put them back on but I haven't tried.

They are tough to get off, you need to pry the silver metal clips off first, then pry the spreaders off the chips (they will be stuck).

Comment

the heat spreaders on my ram are great! they make the memory easier to handle! :bounce:

Comment

Working...
                  X