Oc AMD 3000+??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc AMD 3000+??

Hi :) so far i got my amd 3000+ barton to 12.5x202 2.5ghz use aquarius 3 water cooling system should i lower my multipler and up my FSB? And will a vcore of 1.85 hurt anything?

Sorry i take that back i cant seem to get passed 2.4ghz 12x200. If i try to up it to 12.5 and the vcore to 1.85 it works till i restart the computer then it says i have the cpu overclocked and i need to change it. Maybe it's the motherboard?

pc3200
    A7n8xe-E
    AMD Barton 3000+ 333fsb

Comment

2.5Ghz is as high as you'll get it under good conditions. I't won't be very stable above that unless you have a mobo capable of handling higher. Dunno why you can't get it up there though. Try lowering the MHz and increasing the multiplier to something like 174x14 or 175x14, just adjust to something in that area and see if it helps.

And all increasing to 1.85 volts will do is increase your CPU temp and give a tiny boost to stability when you overl**** your CPU. But that's it.

Comment

Nope they dont work, :P only at 12x200 its works, at 174 or 175x14 it boots up and works is windows and games, but if i shut the computer down and restart it, it makes me change it back. At frist 12x200 would not work till i uped the memory to 2.7v.

But ty for the help :lol: :wink:

Comment

Yeah, I had a feeling it had something to do with your memory. I was haveing a similar problem with my P4.

Well anyway, never hurts to cover all your bases. Gj getting it to work :thumb: .

Comment

Working...
          X