Corsair OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair OC

Hey. Few details on what we're workin with.

AMD 2,600 Tbred @ 11x210 (2310mhz) @ 1.75V
    2x256mb Corsair ram @ 6,3,3,2.5 (Which is specified by Corsair) @ 2.77V

The problem is, I could always OC my CPU to 11x200 and have the ram keep up MHZ wise. but since I installed the second 256 stick, I can't seem to get a boot out of it doing 6,2,2,2 or 6,3,3,2.5 @ 200mhz.
    I cant even get it to boot with the CPU doin defaults and the ram simply at 200mhz (with 2.77V ofcourse)

If I OC CPU and keep the ram at around 83% (166mhz) its fine.

So why can I not get the ram upto 200mhz, even with "Auto" timings? I'm sure this ram should be able to do it....

If it worked fine before and only choked when you added the second RAM module, then I think you've already discovered the problem. All memory is not created equally.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Any progs or methods I could use to determine the if:
      A) One of the sticks is faulty?
      B) The OC ability of each indiviual stick?

An just to clarify - The Memory Timings (2,2,2,6) dont effect the mhz of the ram, right? I can still run 2,2,2,6 at 166 and 200mhz without stabiliy loss?

Comment

MemTest86 is the original self booting memory testing software for x86 and ARM computers. Supporting both BIOS and UEFI, with options to boot from USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataclysm
          An just to clarify - The Memory Timings (2,2,2,6) dont effect the mhz of the ram, right? I can still run 2,2,2,6 at 166 and 200mhz without stabiliy loss?
          Not necessarily. When you run a 2-2-2-6 set of timings, you are running a pretty aggressive setup. When you force it to go faster, the aggressive timings can sometimes cause issues. If you're dead set on running the faster FSB, you might try backing off on the timings a good bit just to see if the memory is willing to run at the higher speed. Say a 3-3-3-8 or so. If it runs fine at the 200MHz FSB setting, you'll know you need a better quality RAM module.

As to your questions, your first was answered and the second can really only be figured out through trial and error. Yank the module you know is good and run the other one solo. Try slower FSB settings first and then crank it up to see where the choke point is. That should let you know what you'll be dealing with then.

Good luck.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X