Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone that could help?

Hi all,

Im new to this fourm. In fact this is my first post. I have read through most of them on this topic but nothing really helped me.

The problem im having is, If i put my cmos on to Turbo mode. and onto 166mhz the system crashes and I have to reset cmos by moving the JP1 Jumper all the time.

Im currntly on a PC (I take a very good bet that it is a slow snail compared to all yours. But at the moment all i can afford)

Its a AMD Athlon 2000+ XP ( I did clock it to a 2600 but thats when i get all the probs!

Heres the spec of my slow system.

Motherboard is a CT-7NIF with intergrated Nvidia GeForce4 MX CPU
    NVIDIA nForce2 AGP 8x
    AMD Athlon 2000+ XP
    256MB of DIMM DDR

Like i said i know its a slow and dull PC. Its all i can afford right now. I built it up from scratch.

Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chep

If the Turbo mode creates system lockups and non-booting issues, then don't use it. More than likely the problem is going to be your memory. Since all RAM is not created equally, some modules will choke when you up the FSB too high or use timings that are too agressive for it to function.

Go back to the basics of overclocking and slowly raise the memory speeds as far as they will go without system glitches and go from there to determine what memory timings work best for your system.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X