E2140 Overclock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2140 Overclock help

Hi, so i just built my new sig. rig using my old e2140 @1.6ghz, a new gigabyte EP45-UD3L, xfx 9800gt, and orion 585 watt psu. I currently dont have enough money to buy a Q9550 so i want to push this chip up to the 3.0ghz or 3.2ghz range as people have reportedly been able to.

I currently have this chip at 2.8ghz, but when i try to oc it higher the system wont post. Do i need to change voltages, timings, or some other bios features?

Thanks in advanced!

Re: E2140 Overclock help

Hi TT forums.

Also have an E2140, P5E Board, Asus EN8400GS. Standard CPU Fan. Antec case w Power.

Hardware works well together. Mostly stable. WIN XP Pro. AI Suite is installed.

Planning to tweak machine temporarily for COD MF2.
    Then reset the machine into it's normal settings when done.

I'm new to OC-ing. But want to boost performance enough to benchmark before the game arrives.

Any Bios settings that would be on the cool side for running this chip?
    I noticed some settings in "AI Booster" for CPU,Memory and PCI-E.
    So what might be the equivalent in ther Bios settings?

What is some good Benchmark tools also?

Tx

Whend

Comment

Re: E2140 Overclock help

Hey, i just go mw2 and have been running with my e2140 at 2.8ghz, and its been running smooth as can be, im really impressed with this chip.

as for overclocking, go into the bios and set the fsb to 350 and you might want to increase the voltage if the system doesnt post.
      See if you can even go higher, i know i cant go higher than 2.8, but maybe you can get to the legendary 3.2ghz!

I'm not sure what you mean by ai settings? could you list some options, in this menu?

As for benchmarking software, i would grab a copy of 3dmark06. google it and you should see it at futuremark's website.

Comment

Working...
      X