Should I unlock my CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I unlock my CPU

I just want to know how many of you are using unlocked CPUs and if or if not why

If you have an EPoX 8K3A or better motherboard (or any other quality board that supports the 166MHz AGP/PCI dividers) then lowering the multiplier and goin' to the 166MHz FSB improves performance greatly though with EPoX's new 8K9A KT400 series boards you don't even have to unlock a Thoroughbred CPU to manipulate the multipliers. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well first of all I heard my CPU is only stable upto 1.9 so i figured 166 fsb and my 10.5 multiplier 1.743 but my **** ram is only stable @ 150 fsb even with uping the voltage Memory timings Are 6-3-3-2 so I figured I could leave the fsb @150 and unlock my cpu and change the multiplier to 12.5 = 1.875 which will be reaching its limits i guess BUT I need more ram so I thought I might get 512MBs of Quality DDR 333 and go with my first option and then A spanner got thrown in the works in the BIOS fsb goes upto 200 and so does memory clock and they can also be set out of sync
      IE fsb@166 dram@200 or fsb@175 dram@133 why you would want that option I dont understand but could this help me in the quest to fry my Athlon

Comment

The last option is a left over from the SDRAM days when memory speeds just plain sucked so it was for backwards compatibility mostly. Get some Corsair XMS3200 or XMS3500 and then ya memory won't be holding you back from that 166/200MHz speed. :devil win
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X