sony vaio rx305 pentium 4 2.0aghz overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sony vaio rx305 pentium 4 2.0aghz overclocking

i have a sony vaio rx305 desktop pc: pentium 4 2.0a ghz. i want to overclock this cpu but there are no options to do so in the bios whatsoever. can someone pls tell me other ways to overclock this baby?? i have tried soft fsb but the settings won't stick!!!

my pc specs are

80gig hard drive ntfs 5400rpm
    512 mb ddr ram pc2100
    17inch tft monitor
    d-link adsl modem
    realtek 10/100 nic
    windows xp home sp1
    microsoft intellimouse optical explorer
    pioneer dvd-rewriter
    samsung cd-rom
    2x firewire
    4x usb
    game surround muse 5.1 sound card
    labtec 2.1 speakers with subwoofer
    memory stick slot
    floppy drive
    geforce 4 mx 440 overclocked to 300/490:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

did you know that "vaio rx 305 overclock" is a not-quite-genuine googlewhack?
    At least it was when I did it - just 1 result, in a foreign language at that. (not counting "sponsored links" of course.)

That alone, would lead me to believe the task you are attempting is going to be a bit difficult.

System manufacturers these days are making more and more effort to keep the user away from the internal workings.
    This cuts down on support costs a good deal. With the price wars and declining numbers of system buyers, any costs they can trim will really help in being one of the lasting PC makers. There has been a huge thinning of the herd the last couple of years now.

Expect it to become even more difficult to tweak OEM PC's in the future.

I'm not saying your goal is impossible, but it will not be as simple as adjusting the BIOS like an aftermarket (that's not quite the word I'm looking for?) motherboard & BIOS.

Good luck with your goal!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

oh well, ill just have to leave my pc as it is. 2000mhz is fast enough

thanks for ur reply mr c

Comment

Hey!
        I didn't say give up?

I just said it wasn't maybe quite that easy.
        Are there jumpers on the motherboard for the FSB?

If so, you may be able to produce a mild overclock, but without the additional options for PCI and RAM timings, etc. you would find in a good OC'ers motherboard, it probably won't be a whole lot.

As to the laptop, yeah, about a 98.9% chance you should just let that one go.

And in both, a good OS tweaking and trimming won't hurt a bit to gain a bit of performance.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Your hard drive is also a candidate if you are looking for enhanced performance. You could replace it with a 7200rpm, 8mb cache drive.

Comment

Working...
          X