How Far can we go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far can we go...

A friend and I are both buying a AthlonXP 1700+ throughbred and strapping on a Thermaltake 7+ with a touch of ArticSilver III on that mofo. I've heard that people have pushed their cpus as far as 2200+ levels with that combination... that's a little hard to believe, but how far do you think we could go? :?:

I'm hoping to each at least somewhere around 1.67GHz (2000+)... an increase of 200MHz like taht would make me very happy ;).

A lot depends on luck but the lower clocked CPU's do have a bit of headroom but ya'll never know unless ya try it. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well I don't have a thoroughbred, but I am running my palamino (Athalon 1900+) at 1.72 Ghz (143 fsb) which is a 2100+. I have been running it at that speed for a while with no problems. :thumb: I have 2 80mm intake and 2 80mm exhaust fans and a Volcano 7 (not the + version) and my idle temps are 42c. (109F.) and 51c (125F.) full load.

Comment

I'm running a 1700XP on this computer which is currently overclocked to 1900 with no problems at all.

I got it easily to a 2000 but then my motherboard had problems, so i think you'll be right.

Comment

You might find this page of interest:

Several overclockers get together and post their results and you can search the database to pull up results of others who use the 1700+ T-Bred. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X