Question about BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BIOS

If I install an updated BIOS for my "DELL", to pass the lock on the fsb settings, u think theres a way to revert the BIOS version if the installation fails or whatever happens.... I mean or should i even do it?

You can usually flash an older BIOS over a new one. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to - a BIOS is a piece of software anyway. If you try and get the message that the BIOS has been "locked" fear not, usually a command switch you can add to the flashing command overcomes this too.

However this is only my advice. I'm not 100% familiar with Dell systems, so maybe check with others who own such systems.
    My Machine

Comment

Thanks, what is this switchy thing u speak of???? can u gimme some pics or explain this more? thanks man:afro:

Comment

By switch I mean an extra command at the end of the flash command. E.g. Flash biosxxxx.bin /S - where /S is just an example of a "switch" which would tell the BIOS to allow an older BIOS to overwrite a new one.

To get a list of these command type the name of the flashing utility and then a space then /? e.g. Flash /?

Remember, this is only if you want to flash back to an older BIOS and it actually says something like BIOS String Locked and doesn't allow it, then you can use the command line switch to override that.

Otherwise you should be fine.
        My Machine

Comment

OIC thanks man, ay do u have like AIM or some sorta instant messenge so i can ask u some questions some time? my AIM screen name is SmartAsien. THANKS TTYL MAYBE?

Comment

Working...
          X