o/c question for Intel boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/c question for Intel boards

Can you overclock CPU on a Intel D845EBG2 board? I've read over some forums, they only talked about adjusting FSB. But it seems that I can't find anything about FSB nor CPU clcok in my bios.

I'm having :

P4 1.8 GHz
    Intel D845EBG2 Mother board
    Samsung 512 DDR RAM

Could anyone help me out? I'm trying to overclock it to 2.4 GHz

If the motherboard is made by Intel themselves then it won't overclock and the same goes for "Name Brand" PC's as well. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

sighs....Damn intel!

Comment

what's a good mobo for me?

p4 1.8
        512ddr
        40gb HD
        gf4 ti4200
        SB Audigy 2
        420W power supply
        o/c newbie brain

also..... I'm cheap

Comment

Originally posted by onlyrice
          what's a good mobo for me?

p4 1.8
          512ddr
          40gb HD
          gf4 ti4200
          SB Audigy 2
          420W power supply
          o/c newbie brain

also..... I'm cheap
          Gigabyte 8IEX or 8IEXP if you want raid.

Good overclocker if you into that kind of stuff. Should be an easy board to find.

Comment

Albatron PX845PE Pro II or the PX845PEV Pro (lacks features of the PE Pro II but damned good for oc'ng boy :D) w/ air cooling (Volcano 7+) on the PEV Pro I had up until today, I maxed out at 177mhz fsb on my 2.53ghz (ran semi stable at 177, ran 100% stable at 175) ... on the PE Pro II I hit 175 on the first try using same settings as I used on the PEV Pro... Have yet to try any higher on the PE Pro II ... Gigabyte boards are good boards yes, but I like the Albatron boards better for OC'ng :) (And the PX845PE Pro II has dual bios like any good Gigabyte board)

Comment

Originally posted by Suicide
              Albatron PX845PE Pro II or the PX845PEV Pro (lacks features of the PE Pro II but damned good for oc'ng boy :D) w/ air cooling (Volcano 7+) on the PEV Pro I had up until today, I maxed out at 177mhz fsb on my 2.53ghz (ran semi stable at 177, ran 100% stable at 175) ... on the PE Pro II I hit 175 on the first try using same settings as I used on the PEV Pro... Have yet to try any higher on the PE Pro II ... Gigabyte boards are good boards yes, but I like the Albatron boards better for OC'ng :) (And the PX845PE Pro II has dual bios like any good Gigabyte board)
              Well if where talking about overclocking the Abit BD7-II :)

Say no more :)

Comment

Working...
              X