OC'ed cpu cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC'ed cpu cooling

Okay, ive oc'ed my xp2100 to 1.82ghz, thats up from the 1.72 it was running, my temp under load is 47C.......idle is about 40C,,,,,,,this is with all panels on, im using the stock amd hsf, my fans are as following

Rear: 120mm 2700rpm intake
    Front: 80mm 2800rpm exhaust
    80mm "smart" 3600rpm exhaust <--this fan adjusts with temperature and i have found it to run about this on average

CPU fan is 5100rpm steady

im still planning on getting a thermaltake cpu hsf.......will my temps drop alot??

also, my pc already sounds like a wind tunnel, will the thermaltake make it even louder?

Are ya sure that ya have those first 2 in the right order as that could be ya prob right there. Cool air is drawn into the case down low and the extracted up high (remember heat naturally rises) plus ya should have just a bit more air goin' into the case than what is being exhausted. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

wiggos right, intake low in front, exhaust high in back.

As far as noise goes, you haven't heard anything yet. Try a Volcano 7+, it has 3 settings, the 2 lower are not too bad and it cools great.

Comment

? couldnt u fit a bigger fan on the volcano with an adapter?
        : peace2:

Comment

Not yet that I know of but the 7+ on full speed isn't as bad noise wise as those high speed 60mm x 25mm Delta and Y.S.Tech fans. If ya want noise then try a SMART FAN II, Tornado or Delta EHE and see how ya ears go then as these are basically what's bein' fitted to heatsinks that out perform the 7+. But thankfully high speed on a 7+ is rarely needed. ;)

Comment

How much air does the fan on the 7+ shift?
            I was thinking a nice 120mm fan should shift enough air while making a lot less noise.
            The only adapter other than 60-80 ive found is Here

Just sounds like a good idia to me, maybe I could make one.

:afro:

Comment

49cfm it moves but the whole fan shroud would have to be altered/removed as the fan is contained within it. You could always have a side intake fan fitted that blows directly onto it for extra assistance (but I've never had to). ;)

Comment

Comment

Comment

:snip:

What temps are you running Tomi?
                    Nice system.

Comment

Comment

because im maybe finnish? :hammer:

Comment

Is this what you were talking about doing? This HS is a Globalwin, but it's copper and looks to be about the same as the Thermaltake, minus a shiny bottom, which I fixed by lapping it to a mirror finish. It's running between 29-32C loaded, no OC. It drops to 27 when I shut SETI off...:D I made the shroud out of sheet copper from a paper pattern I took from the previous shroud, increasing the size to take the 80MM TT Smartfan II, and I even added some thermal compound where it mounts to the base so that it in essence adds a bit more surface area to the HS. The only gripe is it tightened the gap to my PSU, and it's a pain to install. Works great once you do though.... You could save yourself some work by just buying a Volcano 11+, but what's the fun in that?:thumb:

Comment

Woops...forgot the pic....:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                            X