this is slow even for a 5200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is slow even for a 5200?

hey just got a fx 5200 (bad idea) and its goin back for a refund. but i think that i am gettin really low 3d mark scores even for this pos. and bad game performance.

my current setup:

epox 8rda
    256mb 2100 crucial (had another stick of sumthin else but it is bad)
    fx 5200
    xp 2400

let me know if u need more info. anyways im gettin like 4300 approx in 3d mark 2001 se (default settings).this sucks, even for this card. So im thinkin maybe theres sumthin wrong with my setup. just dont want whatever other card i get to do crappy as well.

yes that does look like a rather turd score, as i get about 5000 in 3dmark01se with my 1.6 p4, some **** intel mobo, and a gf3 ti 200 at 210/460. im so confused about the fx 5200 though, i read a rave review in brit magazine PCFormat.

Comment

Actually, 3DMark has been proved to be ONLY a video test system. Ace's Hardware did a test on it, and they proved it. Check it out at there site if u have no idea what im talking about. And I believe them cause with my setup i only got about 6600, and the TI 4400 is supposed to be a lot better then the FX 5200. So, those scores probably are right.
      <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

then how come quite a few ppl here with ti 4200's are breaking 10k. it is mostly a video test but cpu's and memory play a big part too.

Comment

Originally posted by homeworld1031tx
          Actually, 3DMark has been proved to be ONLY a video test system. Ace's Hardware did a test on it, and they proved it. Check it out at there site if u have no idea what im talking about. And I believe them cause with my setup i only got about 6600, and the TI 4400 is supposed to be a lot better then the FX 5200. So, those scores probably are right.
          You are thinking of 3Dmark03 dude.

3dMark01 is very dependant on both.

For example, bumping my CPU from 2.4/800fsb to 3.0/1000 got me +2000 3dmarks. No other changes.

Comment

swinger, is it the regular or the Ultra?

If it is the Ultra you should be able to get at least 8000.

Comment

its the regular, but i think sumone here got like 7k with the regular 5200. but im not sure.doesnt really matter cuz im gonna get my money back in this bad investment. ill try and grab a ti 4200 or a r9500/9600.

Comment

Okay, yeah, i see your point guys. I just went to Ace's Hardware and checked it out, and it was only about 3DMark03. Sorry :o :o I feel stupid now :p . Anyways, how are they breaking 10K???? they would have to be doing it on like the worst settings, cuase i can only get about a 6500 when whebn i do it.
                <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

this is the highest I've been able to get on my 5200 non-ultra

Comment

is that card overclocked or stock? cuz im only gettin about 4500 with these specs:

xp 2400(stock)
                    epox 8rda
                    Asus fx 5200 (non ultra) (stock speeds)
                    256mb pc 2100 crucial (stock)
                    and the newest dets as well.

is it other hardware besides the vid card slowing me down.

Comment

stock video
                      overclocked CPU

only thing that could really be holding you back that I can think of would be that ram
                      I'm on 2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200

Comment

only thing that could really be holding you back that I can think of would be that ram
                        i agree there, but i dont think havin the better ram would make that much difference. definetly wouldnt hurt tho, especially for ocing.

Comment

make use of the dual channel
                          I was running on one stick of 512 pc2700 then upgraded to 2x256 PC3200 and noticed a huge jump in performance

Comment

by the way
                            who makes the video card?
                            mine is an Asus

Comment

mine is an asus too.

Comment

Working...
                              X