Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When overclocking a video card, do I need to do any physica

Hello,

I have had my Radeon 9800 for about a month now, and the card is blazing fast :flames: but I know I could squeez more juice out of it via overclocking.

I'VE NEVER OVERCLOCKED BEFORE!!

I downloaded and installed Rage 3D tweak and it says its currently at 324/290 mhz. From what I hear from you guys i'm sure I could get more juice out of it.

Aside from cooling (already have an Iceberq pro HS and Tweakmaster ramsinks installed) are there any physical modifacations I have to do?

I heard on this website that you have too channel more power to the ram before you can OC via some soldering, wire, resisters etc.... But I dont want to risk shorting out a $300 card!!!

Do I need to do any more than I already have before I start bumping up the power on Rage 3D Tweak?

Thanx!

P.S.-sorry for the long post :D

:cheers:

No you don't, thats to up the voltage which you don't need to do unless you are taking yours super high, and by then you will need water cooling.

Comment

Thanx, i'll give it a whirl.

:cheers:

Comment

If your paranoid you can always get some of those little heatsinks that go on the individual ram chips..

Comment

Thats what the tweakmaster ramsinks are. ;)

Comment

Working...
          X